• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin McGuinness Dies Aged 66

Take it from me who served in Londonderry from 90 - 92, the guy is scum who has blood on his hands for murdering civilians and security personnel.

I met him many times and was obviously given a lot of intelligence on him as part of my role. He's no peace maker for what he done, the police and troops were "and are" the only people that maintained peace.

I hope the last days of his life were extremely painful.

It's known locally (and throughout Ireland) as Derry (or Free Derry if you want to be political about it).:winking:

But not when he served there.

It will never be know as Derry OBL by the major population of NI. I know many loyalists who refuse to call it Derry. Sadly the press and government lick arse and call it Derry. They've been let down by our government and yet still remain peaceful people and loyal to our crown.

But not when he served there.

Not to 75% of Prods who are the majority in NI. And loyal to your countries crown.

It will never be know as Derry OBL by the major population of NI. I know many loyalists who refuse to call it Derry. Sadly the press and government lick arse and call it Derry. They've been let down by our government and yet still remain peaceful people and loyal to our crown.

According to Wiki it is known as Derry by the majority of the Irish population.

"The name "Derry" is preferred by nationalists and it is broadly used throughout Northern Ireland's Catholic community,[25] as well as that of the Republic of Ireland, whereas many unionists prefer "Londonderry";[26] however in everyday conversation Derry is used by most Protestant residents of the city.[27] Linguist Kevin McCafferty argues that "It is not, strictly speaking, correct that Northern Ireland Catholics call it Derry, while Protestants use the Londonderry form, although this pattern has become more common locally since the mid-1980s, when the city council changed its name by dropping the prefix". In McCafferty's survey of language use in the city, "only very few interviewees—all Protestants—use the official form"

Incidentally the demographics suggest that Protestants won't be in the majority in NI for much longer.

"The name "Derry" is preferred by nationalists and it is broadly used throughout Northern Ireland's Catholic community,[25] as well as that of the Republic of Ireland, whereas many unionists prefer "Londonderry";[26] however in everyday conversation Derry is used by most Protestant residents of the city.[27] Linguist Kevin McCafferty argues that "It is not, strictly speaking, correct that Northern Ireland Catholics call it Derry, while Protestants use the Londonderry form, although this pattern has become more common locally since the mid-1980s, when the city council changed its name by dropping the prefix". In McCafferty's survey of language use in the city, "only very few interviewees—all Protestants—use the official form"

Did you get that from WIKI? Well done.......... Have you lived in LONDONDERRY? SERVED? STILL LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY? You my friend I'm ashamed of to call you a southend Utd supporter. I've never said that to anyone. But you're shameful and I will avoid you with pleasure. Personally, if I were a Mod I would ban you for life from this forum, for not being a loyal person to your country and THE crown.

Did you get that from WIKI? Well done.......... Have you lived in LONDONDERRY? SERVED? STILL LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY? You my friend I'm ashamed of to call you a southend Utd supporter. I've never said that to anyone. But you're shameful and I will avoid you with pleasure. Personally, if I were a Mod I would ban you for life from this forum, for not being a loyal person to your country and THE crown.

As it happens, I was sharing a car ride with an Irish mate (from Dublin) back from work on Thursday night.He mentioned to his (Catalan) partner (a judge) that they'd had a photo taken together in Derry last summer, at the exact spot where the funeral procession had passed by.

As it happens, I was sharing a car ride with an Irish mate (from Dublin) back from work on Thursday night.He mentioned to his (Catalan) partner (a judge) that they'd had a photo taken together in Derry last summer, at the exact spot where the funeral procession had passed by.

I know a few Mods on here. I will try my hardest to get you band..

Incidentally the demographics suggest that Protestants won't be in the majority in NI for much longer.

Please don't resort to selective cutting a pasting, is doesn't do anyone any favours.
This is the first Paragraph from wiki
Derry (/ˈdɛrɪ/[2]), officially Londonderry (/ˈlʌndənˌdɛrɪ/[2]), is the second-largest city in Northern Ireland[3][4] and the fourth-largest city on the island of Ireland.[5] The name Derry is an anglicisation of the Old Irish name Daire (modern Irish: Doire) meaning "oak grove".[6][7] In 1613, the city was granted a Royal Charter by King James I and gained the "London" prefix to reflect the funding of its construction by the London guilds. While the city is more usually known colloquially as Derry,[8][9] Londonderry is also commonly used and remains the legal name.

Please don't resort to selective cutting a pasting, is doesn't do anyone any favours.
This is the first Paragraph from wiki
Derry (/ˈdɛrɪ/[2]), officially Londonderry (/ˈlʌndənˌdɛrɪ/[2]), is the second-largest city in Northern Ireland[3][4] and the fourth-largest city on the island of Ireland.[5] The name Derry is an anglicisation of the Old Irish name Daire (modern Irish: Doire) meaning "oak grove".[6][7] In 1613, the city was granted a Royal Charter by King James I and gained the "London" prefix to reflect the funding of its construction by the London guilds. While the city is more usually known colloquially as Derry,[8][9] Londonderry is also commonly used and remains the legal name.

This is the Wiki link to Derry for anyone who wants to check out the entry in full :winking:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry

I know a few Mods on here. I will try my hardest to get you band..

Starving him of oxygen is the way to deal with idiots like this - ignore him for long enough and like bad smells, he will disappear. He just wants attention and will be loving this exchange. He wants to be banned as then it makes it all about him. Stop acknowledging him for a while and I guarantee you he will start by liking or quoting some of your posts in a effort to get back to centre of attention - like a child really.

Starving him of oxygen is the way to deal with idiots like this - ignore him for long enough and like bad smells, he will disappear. He just wants attention and will be loving this exchange. He wants to be banned as then it makes it all about him. Stop acknowledging him for a while and I guarantee you he will start by liking or quoting some of your posts in a effort to get back to centre of attention - like a child really.

Good advice. I'm going to take it.

This is the source of much amusement whilst sitting drinking a coffee. I don't know what is worse, the baiting or those that have fallen for the bait. There is NO DOUBT that this evil man had blood on his hands but there has to be a recognition, however unpalatable, of his contribution to the peace process.

This is the source of much amusement whilst sitting drinking a coffee. I don't know what is worse, the baiting or those that have fallen for the bait. There is NO DOUBT that this evil man had blood on his hands but there has to be a recognition, however unpalatable, of his contribution to the peace process.

Very, very unpalatable. However, I will remember and recognize he contributed to the peace process in his way. I will also remember and recognize his overriding reasons for being a part of it, his freely admitted criminal terrorist history and the blood of the murdered innocents he has on his hands and the misery he caused to thousands.

He was and will always be remembered by all decent human beings as a murdering scumbag and anyone that wishes he should rest in peace should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and seriously wonder why their moral compass is so broken.

I cannot begin the fathom out why ANYONE should have one word of contrition with reference to this evil man. Justice has caught up with him at last. Can we not move on now and talk about something more important...... how about the weather?

Back