• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 28

Lose the toss against Phil on Friday and get thrashed. Win the toss yesterday and win easily. So much for tactics haha.

Won both games in FC and both in OD this season so far.

Feel a decent chance of promotion in both - will be a bad year if we don't get at least 1.

BT20 could be tougher, although there are a few BOTs, so no chance of going down.

Decent BT20 week, 2 out of 3 for the seniors with a defeat against a team carrying double the wagebill who will almost certainly win the league. 3 out of 3 for the franchise who will hopefully promote.

Through to the next round of the Cup, got yet another away tie! Won easily in FC I'm going to walk it this season.

So I think put the declaration in the wrong box :dim: :sick:

All rounders batting themselves into the ground and will then have to bowl straight after they finally get out. Thankfully I have a bot next week!

End of Over 158 (7 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 535-6, runrate=3.39
Lead by 219 runs. (Woking Phoenix 316-10)
Overs left today: 69
Roache 36-1-116-1
Rafiullah* 90 (164 balls)
Choles 127 (189 balls)

Last Wicket: Brennan c & b. Marrium 69 (FOW: 313/6)

Won in the Cup, away (every round!!) to the team ranked 17 in England 90K capacity though so should a decent wedge at least.

Both teams safely through. Easy game for the seniors, a bit tougher for the franchise but hopeful I can get through.

Double bot for the seniors this week which is a welcome rest.

Nice comfy week with two bots and an easy cup game. Got a couple of easy BT20 games this week too and I should get through next Sunday, my oppo have three monsters but they're all massively unfit (though the BT20 games will help them recover).

An annoying FC game saw my opponents 9 down but they held on for the draw. On the plus side we got a decent cup win against a team with a higher wage and are into the last 16.

Franchise have won every league game this season and should triple promote which will hopefully see us move into the Windies top 20.

Cup game aside, we have won every competitive fixture so far this season, and look on for a triple promote :thumbsup:

Oppo threw the match in first class this week which was handy. Though it's taken us ages to get rid of the three batsmen that he did pick! Throwing OD tomorrow as fitness is shot and I have a winnable cup game. BT20 next week helps and then we have a bot away in FC so hopefully the cup draws will be favourable and we can get to the semis with no fitness problems.

I reckon this is the best comeback I've had in an FC game!

End of Over 75 (2 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 285-4, runrate=3.80 (1st Inn: 101-10)
Trail by 15 runs. (Woking Phoenix 225-10 & 176-10)
Overs left today: 36
Prest 19-0-81-1
Udayakumar* 14 (35 balls)
Choles 56 (76 balls)

Last Wicket: Nunens c. Mitchley b. Mosimotsana 63 (FOW: 241/4)

1st promotion of the season sorted, as we beat the team in 2nd in the last BT20 game of the season to finish with 11 wins :thumbsup:

Back