• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Matchday travel

With regards to matchday travel, do you currently -

• Arrive by train

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Live local and walk

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Arrive by bus

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Park in the club car park

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Park at the Hospital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Park in the local streets

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Park on Prittlewell Chase

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Use the JustPark App to park on driveways

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Park other

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Blue badge Club car park

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dropped off by the missus/someone else

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Cycle

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last few games has seen a change in parking procedures. Seems the stewards want us to park 3 cars to 2 spaces to cram in more cars. Never-ending scratches and min debts in doors thanks to this. It's not the car owners fault and it's sometimes actually really hard to get in and out of the car!
Additionally, vehicles have parked just beyond the car park gate (opposite side to the shop) which causes a danger to walking fans squeezing out with cars through the narrow psssage.
i understand the need for more parking control but I'm worried that when the east revamped and gets brought out further, the parking may get even more cramped.
I genuinely feel for the stewards who try to do as instructed and sometimes get a lot of grief. Not a n easy job in the chaos of a matchday.

I wonder what the CEO would say if he knows?

It seems if you know the Stewards they can give you different parking spaces - outside the main carpark

Had an interesting meeting in the car park yesterday. We have a car park pass and got checked by several stewards. As we exited the car the guy who had just pulled up next to us asked us where he had to go to pay to park. He had somehow passed by several stewards with no pass no blue badge nothing and had his prime parking position near the club shop.

Over the years parking has become more difficult due to restrictions being put in around the area.You were able to park at Southend High School but unfortunately that has stopped if the club decides to reduce parking at the ground then we need that facility reintroduced

I travel from Colchester and park in the Club Car Park and have been doing so for 25 years or more. However that may change as the Club has decided to enforce where i park in the Car Park, which way I can face , to increase the time it takes to leave). I used to park by the furthest gate in the Car Park (nearest to the Club Shop) this allowed me to be on Victoria Avenue within 15 minutes of the game being over and I am usually home by 6.30pm. Now!!! it takes me over 30 minutes to get out of the Car Park (last 3 games) and yet is I arrive at 5 minutes to kick off I would be allowed to park against the wall and dont see any stewards around! Thinking of cancelling everything!!! I will not be bullied by a Steward who hasnt a clue of parking cars in the right way too.
This is something the Club is enforcing, not the stewards who are only doing as they were told. Too many people were parking in there, many saying they were "just dropping off", then instead of leaving by the bottom exit, going and parking. Too many were also parking leaving too much space so they are trying to maximise the space there is and get as many people in as possible. We always liked to leave by the Fairfax Drive exit but seems that's not open now which seems daft. It's a nightmare to get out of at the moment as people are selfish on Vic Avenue and block people's exit.

This is something the Club is enforcing, not the stewards who are only doing as they were told. Too many people were parking in there, many saying they were "just dropping off", then instead of leaving by the bottom exit, going and parking. Too many were also parking leaving too much space so they are trying to maximise the space there is and get as many people in as possible. We always liked to leave by the Fairfax Drive exit but seems that's not open now which seems daft. It's a nightmare to get out of at the moment as people are selfish on Vic Avenue and block people's exit.
Selfish on Prittlewell Chase, too, which I'll be highlighting examples of later on. It's not COSU solely who are responsible for improving the club. We the fans, also have to play our part, changing cultures, to make it a more progressive club and a better experience for eachother.

Thanks all for your votes and comments so far. Poll will remain open for a period to others.

Second poll in this series will shortly, targeting:

Matchday travel (2a) - Drivers and Parking.

Matchday travel (2b) Live local and walk.

Over the years parking has become more difficult due to restrictions being put in around the area.You were able to park at Southend High School but unfortunately that has stopped if the club decides to reduce parking at the ground then we need that facility reintroduced
Seems somewhat arrogant to try to dictate what an Academy Trust - a business and a limited company, do with their private facilities.

Seems somewhat arrogant to try to dictate what an Academy Trust - a business and a limited company, do with their private facilities.
That's very true.

I guess it would be an option to re-explore with them. They may have had a deal with the club but didn't get paid (sounds familiar), or just didn't want to offer spaces any longer for reasons they do not have to divulge. Worth exploring, but have to respect their wishes if they are not interested.

I pay when I'm in a taxi, so part of the football expense.

I don't when I get dropped off. There is difference
Absolutely.

The poll is though more about capturing the percentages of drivers and where they currently park. Thanks for contributing, much appreciated.

@Target man - out of interest have you been employed by the club/council/a.n.other to do this research or are you just doing it out of personal interest?
Fair question.

Absolutely not being paid by anyone, and would not want to be paid or employed by the club or council either.

I am gathering information and views of fans on behalf of someone inside the consortium. All the work I'm doing is purely for the love of the club and willingness to help in my own time.

Fair question.

Absolutely not being paid by anyone, and would not want to be paid or employed by the club or council either.

I am gathering information and views of fans on behalf of someone inside the consortium. All the work I'm doing is purely for the love of the club and willingness to help in my own time.
I reckon you have shares in JustPark though

Back