• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt Lockwood signs....

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
....for Notts Forest.

I think that should finally put to bed the annual "Lockwood to Southend" rumour

Last Updated: Friday, 4 May 2007, 13:25 GMT 14:25 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Lockwood extends stay with Orient
Matt Lockwood
Lockwood was a key player when Orient won promotion in 2006
Leyton Orient defender Matt Lockwood has signed a new two-year contract, with an option for a further year.

Lockwood, who has scored 11 goals from left-back this season, has made 327 league appearances for the O's - 105 short of Peter Allen's club record.

"I've done the penalty-scoring record but the appearance record is the one I want," he told the club's website.

"I'm 30 now, but the club came to me with a new deal and it took me just 30 seconds to decide I wanted to stay."

Lockwood was also selected in the Professional Footballers Association's "Team of the Year" for League One by his fellow professionals.

Stab in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i see they picked up Sean Thornton yesterday.......

a few on here would have like to see him at RH!

Ye-es, well. All a bit odd this. He was due to head to Forest in January, didn't quite go and kept us up, then signed a new contract with a release clause that Forest just happened to know about (Calderwood being Ling's best mate [not a joke]). So he hung around long enough to see us safe, got us a fee, and then got the move he wanted. Possibly....

Anyhoo, rumour is we're in for Danny Granville to replace Locky, plus we've got young Aiden Palmer (England U-19 International) to come in, so hopefully we're going to be alright there (well not hopefully from your point of view, but indulge me).

Just a pity that the 100k will go towards lining H£arn's pockets rather than on a new striker...

At least Borient will have a 5 aside team next year, just!:D

Good signing for Forest anyway. I think they'll be going up this year with the number of good lower league players that they've got on their books.

I wouldn't even dream of laughing when we fluke 3 points on the opening day of the season. Just to clarify, you will finish 11 places above us this season....

I wouldn't even dream of laughing when we fluke 3 points on the opening day of the season. Just to clarify, you will finish 11 places above us this season....

A defeat on our opening day under Tilly and Brush seems to result in promotion at the end of the season.

A win results in us getting relegated.

Please do fluke a win and, come the end of the season, know that your team is to be thanked for our promotion.

;)

Back