• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
I see that the managers of Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Bury have all criticised their home support this week. Seems like everyone's feeling the pressure.......early goal for us could be interesting on Saturday.

I see that the managers of Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Bury have all criticised their home support this week. Seems like everyone's feeling the pressure.......early goal for us could be interesting on Saturday.

Do we think Roots Hall is bad ? Speak for yourself, I don't.

Especially considering some of the dross we've been treated to at home.

.. unless it was Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall or Portsmouth who had it after they arrived!

Maybe I'm of an age to remember :blush: served my "apprenticeship" in the North, now one of the oooooooooooooooooooooo- arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brigade in the East...only clap to keep our hands warm !

I don’t think Roots Hall is bad, you will never get rid of people moaning and picking out players to boo. Whilst I don’t agree with it, that is just football. I’ve been to many away games where the getting on players backs is a lot worse than at Roots Hall and I think we have a core element of very supportive fans. TBV do a great job and are a credit to the club, I’m sure many other clubs would appreciate a core of encouraging fans like we have in them. I think it is easy to blame home pressure for bad performances and it has become a bit of a trend, I don’t think our players have it hard at Roots Hall at all though.

Roots Hall is fine, for most of the time the fans give great support, of course you always get the moaners + that is their right

Roots Hall has an atmosphere that puts people off going, too many (old folks/football manager managers/People who generally just watch premiershite) moaning about every kick every mistake instead of getting behind the side! I know some people don't go to football to sing/dance/clap but the moaning stops the people who do enjoy it.

Maybe its just me but if I could afford to go to every away game id rather go to them just because true supporters who want to get behind the side!

Roots Hall has an atmosphere that puts people off going, too many (old folks/football manager managers/People who generally just watch premiershite) moaning about every kick every mistake instead of getting behind the side! I know some people don't go to football to sing/dance/clap but the moaning stops the people who do enjoy it.

Maybe its just me but if I could afford to go to every away game id rather go to them just because true supporters who want to get behind the side!

Bit of a generalisation on the old folk front fella. I don't go to away games any more but I do consider myself a true supporter for home games.

People will always moan at football because it's never a perfect performance, unlike a great show or concert. Never has been.

For the money invested, most matches are dull and forgettable, but we go because every now and again something memorable happens and we go because it's in the blood and it's a sense of belonging. Our team.

That's why, when some loon talks about football being a marketable product, they miss the true essence of it and that is that It's actually pretty awful, most of the time.

Maybe I'm of an age to remember :blush: served my "apprenticeship" in the North, now one of the oooooooooooooooooooooo- arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brigade in the East...only clap to keep our hands warm !
So stamp your feet so they sound like the old pier trains then, keeps your toes warm!

What fresh ******** is this?

Home supporters aren't true supporters? The old people put people off?

An absolute laughable post.

Well I've played football at a reasonably high level, so feel I understand the game and I'm qualified to have an opinion. (I actually played against Southend in my younger days). I've also been watching Southend home and away for over 40 years. Can you tell me what you think the age limit should be and if I'm over that age I will of course stop going - or do you admit that this was a really stupid remark?

The perception of football has changed from the fans viewpoint I think. The feeling now is that footballers are a bunch of overpaid prima donnas and if they do the stuff on the pitch then that's fine; if they don't then they aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Our society is one that treats everything and everybody as disposable and the level of expectation is ridiculous. It never ceases to amaze how many people project the entire season based solely on our last performance.

It's getting to the business end of the season, teams at the top will be nervous and they are unlikely to show the form that has got them there and generally the desire to survive from the teams at the bottom is greater than the desire to go up, so I don't actually expect to pick up many - possibly even any - points against Hartlepool, Tranmere and Mansfield.

But then all the teams at the top will be playing "After You Claude" and will drop points everywhere. I predict the play of pack and promotion group will close up with everything decided in the last two games.

Bit of a generalisation on the old folk front fella. I don't go to away games any more but I do consider myself a true supporter for home games.
Agree 100%! I have been a regular at Roots Hall since the 1st game v Norwich in 1955. Been to 100s of away games too but now due to age and health cannot get to as many as I would like! Just because we are elderly it does not mean we are any less of a supporter than the youngsters and we dont all moan all of the time!

Ageist comment there,stop moaning about old folk moaning.:facepalm:

Lets be honest most grounds are the same, I dont think RH is particularly worse than anywhere else I've been.

Back