• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNabb traded to Redskins

How many years has McNabb got left in him do you reckon Rusty?

My initial thought was that this was a filler and your Redskins would take a QB - possibly your boy Tebow - in the draft to develop behind him. However you gave up your 2nd round pick, which is the earliest you could conceivably consider drafting Tebow, so unless you drop back, he's off the table. Don't think you have a 3rd round pick this year either. Anyway, it's got to be Okung in the first for the 'Skins now if he's still there.

How many years has McNabb got left in him do you reckon Rusty?

My initial thought was that this was a filler and your Redskins would take a QB - possibly your boy Tebow - in the draft to develop behind him. However you gave up your 2nd round pick, which is the earliest you could conceivably consider drafting Tebow, so unless you drop back, he's off the table. Don't think you have a 3rd round pick this year either. Anyway, it's got to be Okung in the first for the 'Skins now if he's still there.

I'd like to think that McNabb's got three or four good years left in him, which means he can carry the Skins until his replacement's ready. I don't see Tebow or McCoy being available in the fourth round (in McCoy's case, he may go as high as the first round after an excellent pro day), and there isn't much else out there to get excited about in this year's QB class (Armanti Edwards is probably the next best available after the big four are off the board, and he's too small and too injury prone for my taste). Maybe Coach Shanahan and GM Bruce Allen feel they can keep their tandem of McNabb and Rex Grossman in place long enough to wait for the Huskies' Jake Locker, who looks a better prospect than Bradford or Clausen. They would need to somehow get the first overall pick to get him, but maybe there's a way to make that happen (I doubt it will be through having the poorest record in the NFL after this trade).

There is a horrible rumour going around on the Redskins' message boards that McNabb will be flipped straight away and will be packaged with the Redskins' fourth overall pick to get Bradford away from St Louis. That would be an absolute disaster and I hope it stays in the realm of rumour.

The 4th, 36th and a late 3rd/early 4th would actually be good value to move up to the top pick.

Personally, I think there is more value in trading down for extra draft picks. That's the way teams like the Pats have built in the past. I think you've got to assume that whilst this year there isn't going to be a cap, that there will be in future and I'm not a fan of the huge contracts you've got to give out to high draft players, who for all their promise, are unproven in the NFL.

was just about to post this- Eagles fans have never seemed to quite take McNabb to their hearts but there's a lot of concern about Kolb as a starter for next season.

Back