• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Media Frenzy story

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 08 2005,13:28)]I'd be very suprised if it is full Radio 5 coverage, considering England are playing Australia at Rugby Union at 2.
no its full coverage, but obviously u'll hear updates from other games, we kick off at 2pm, england game not until 4:45 - an hour break in between matches

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,20:01)]Southend on Football focus, what next the Prime Minister?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,20:01)]Southend on Football focus, what next the Prime Minister?
Is he a closet Shrimper then?.
biggrin.gif

Good grief, do people not read posts on here?
mad.gif

As I already mentioned on page 1 of this thread, Five Live will NOT be featuring full live commentary from Roots Hall this Saturday, the reason being the England v Australia match they are covering live from Twickenham which kicks off at 2.30pm. That game will obviously finish after ours, so the only chance of any commentary from the home of football will be maybe ten/fifteen minutes at the start of the game. No more, as they will want to build up the rugby international. But of course they will have a reporter there to update during the course of the afternoon.

For anyone who still doesn't get it, try reading this.

Five Live Sports Extra is scheduled to broadcast only cricket and rugby league this Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,21:49)]Good grief, do people not read posts on here?  
mad.gif

As I already mentioned on page 1 of this thread, Five Live will NOT be featuring full live commentary from Roots Hall this Saturday, the reason being the England v Australia match they are covering live from Twickenham which kicks off at 2.30pm. That game will obviously finish after ours, so the only chance of any commentary from the home of football will be maybe ten/fifteen minutes at the start of the game. No more, as they will want to build up the rugby international. But of course they will have a reporter there to update during the course of the afternoon.

Five Live Sports Extra is scheduled to broadcast only cricket and rugby league this Saturday.
he doesn't sound happy
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,21:49)]Good grief, do people not read posts on here?  
mad.gif

Not that this has any real relevance, but does anyone know if the rugby is being shown live on the bbc? Of course I shall be at the Southend Game, but would like to tape the rugby if its on n watch it after the international footy! Would could be better - a whole day of sports coverage!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Nov. 08 2005,22:05)]Not that this has any real relevance, but does anyone know if the rugby is being shown live on the bbc? Of course I shall be at the Southend Game, but would like to tape the rugby if its on n watch it after the international footy! Would could be better - a whole day of sports coverage!
The rugby's live on Sky!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,22:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Nov. 08 2005,22:05)]Not that this has any real relevance, but does anyone know if the rugby is being shown live on the bbc? Of course I shall be at the Southend Game, but would like to tape the rugby if its on n watch it after the international footy! Would could be better - a whole day of sports coverage!
The rugby's live on Sky!
Damn! How cums we can watch the Welsh play New Zealand, but not the English play the Aussies!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Nov. 08 2005,22:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,22:11)]
[b said:
The rugby's live on Sky!
Damn! How cums we can watch the Welsh play New Zealand, but not the English play the Aussies!
Because Sky have the rights to all of England's Autumn internationals at Twickenham, having so graciously allowed the BBC to have back the live Six Nations games played at Twickers.

Back