• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the few day

Actually the official site said enter via the away end on Fairfax drive which I and the others in the car park did cos we read the official site properly ?

Anyone feel a little deflated after today’s MTB session? I know that being at RH meant it was a little difficult to get that laid-back training atmosphere we’re used to at B&L, but the whole setup was pretty poor in my opinion.

The car park was shut when we arrived so, after parking near SHSB, I assumed the ‘community area’ would be buzzing and cover most of the car park. Alas, for those who didn’t go, the community area was a single gazebo with about six stalls inside: a few charities, something mildly SUFC related and a stall selling knock-off handbags. Absolutely awful.

As far as the training session went, the players seemed like they were there against their will under pain of being sacked. Half of them barely touched a ball with a few players not even showing their faces (yes, I’m aware there may have been injuries and players on limited training).

The players then left the pitch at 11:45am, after what was essentially a shooting practise (let’s not go into how many balls were lost over the south stand - it’s pre-season and they have a week to go!), and the bar wasn’t even open to chill in until the signing so I saw people leaving in droves.

Anyway, was anyone else left wanting a bit more from what was advertised as a fun family day out?

I was going to leave early but am glad I stayed for The Red Arrows.

Agree. The whole setup was embarrassing. No effort made by the club whatsoever.

Wanted to buy my son a shirt but didn't even have any in his size.

A great opportunity to welcome youngsters to the club wasted.

The commercial/events budget for the club must be at an all time low.

Yeah, agree - the event should be at B&L, much more space.

Whilst queuing up for the players signatures I noticed how filthy the place is, surely they could at least have a tidy up. Noticed loads of rubbish and cigarette buts on the floor and weeds growing through cracks in the concrete. RH is becoming an embarrassment.

You should see the clumps of poo stuck to the West block toilet floor!

It never works well at Roots Hall. Much nicer over at Boots & Laces. Who's clever idea was it to hold it at roots Hall, despite everyone hating it there and walking out the last time?

They are useless the commercial side

It’s a shame as we used to be really good in that department. But when we have anyone who is any good we lose them to other clubs.

It never works well at Roots Hall. Much nicer over at Boots & Laces. Who's clever idea was it to hold it at roots Hall, despite everyone hating it there and walking out the last time?
Perhaps @OldBlueLady can offer some for detail, but I thought I read that there was maintenance work or similar ongoing at Boots & Laces that made it difficult to host MTBD this year.

Also spoke to Sam Barratt, who said he was doing fine, I asked about Coxy and he reckons he’ll be back quite soon, and not to believe what was written in the Echo...

Back