• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting 02/08/23

In relation to Bushops sell on clause, is it possible TL doesnt know yet as ti may depend on the structure of the fee payments between Sunderland and Man Utd.

Let’s say their sell on is 20% for instance, if the fee was 1,000,000, with 100,000k upfront and then the rest based on appearances and promotion. Do we get 20% of the potential fee? the initial fee? So do we get 20% of 1,000,000, 20% of 100,000 or 20%of the 100,00 then 20% of any ar all add ons that are hit and when they are hit?

Both Anna and TL were also in last nights zoom call.

Relevant points i noted and @Medway Blue might be able to add more?

Anna is taking everything one day at a time in trying to resolve a lot of things. She has taken the water problem on and has spoken to RM about it and porta loos will be installed at BL imminently. She has also spoken to Garons who are offering their services for the players to train there.

When the embargo is lifted she will be holding a meeting for all relevant and interested parties and using the Civic centre for the discussion.

There are still interested parties in buying the club and Jez Moxey is dealing with them. The possible new owners are already crystallising (Anna's word) a plan for FF if and when it is built.

The new training ground will not be ready for at least 3 months. the grass is deteriorating and there is no water or electric supply atm.

There is a sell on clause for Nathan Bishop but TL said he did not know the amount yet ( i find that hard to believe). Rhys i know deals with all the players contracts anyway.

The Academy costs 750k a year and that is why we do not have one atm.

There are no protests arranged for the first home game of the season but they will return for the second.

The rest of night there was nothing really that i heard that would be of any interest unless @Medway Blue has anything to add.
I can add some more.

Tom was asked if there were more than one interested party at the table. He said "yes". He didn't know how many though, and said they go through Moxey, which is where he's passed any interest that has approached him/the club directly.

He was then asked if he could say how far along anything was and he smiled wryly and said "NDA".

He suggested chances of a sale happening in the not-too-distant future are "definitely better than they were 3 or 4 weeks ago". My take (only how I read it) is that he knows something(s) is progressing.

He reiterated relatively strongly that Ron wants out completely.

Academy was costing near enough a million per season at one stage. Got it down to £750k last season. They will be running an "Academy Lite", which is basically just an U19s team. They simply can't afford the expense to run a full one, especially without EPPP protection. Some parents have stepped up to coach a handful of lower age group teams on a volunteer basis but no word as to how long that would continue.

Tom confirmed that the sum needing to be paid to HMRC to lift the embargo is higher than the petition debt of £275k. He wouldn't put a figure on it in that forum but I believe it's around double.

Both Anna and Tom were asked whether they think RM will wait until the last minute to pay the HMRC debt. Anna said "based on previous form, that's most likely". Tom said "I don't believe there is any benefit to leaving it that late, but I just don't know".

I get the impression Anna F has taken a step back in terms of communicating with RM over a potential sale (although I think Duddridge is probably pulling that lever). She said she was taking things one day at a time and was focused on helping the club start the season, get the embargo lifted and to convince RM to fulfil his responsibilities for now. As @Cricko said, she mentioned a meeting once the embargo has been lifted at the Civic Centre between RM, council, MPs, Trust/supporters groups and maybe the FSA to thrash out next steps - but I don't think she's up to speed with how the sales process is progressing.

Anna was pretty horrified by conditions at B&L. She met with the Chief Exec at Garons and with the CEO of Southend Council (separately) yesterday to explore other training facilities for the players that are clean and hygienic. Both were receptive. She'll continue those talks despite the portaloos at B&L revelation from Tom.

Supporters Groups then discussed next steps with protest. It might be a bit too late to get something super organised ready for Oldham, but discussions are happening about that and future matches too.

Last edited:
I can add some more.

He suggested chances of a sale happening in the not-too-distant future are "definitely better than they were 3 or 4 weeks ago". My take (only how I read it) is that he knows something(s) is progressing.

He reiterated relatively strongly that Ron wants out completely.

That is great to hear. Thanks for the update on everything discussed.

I get the impression Anna F has taken a step back in terms of communicating with RM over a potential sale (although I think Duddridge is probably pulling that lever). She said she was taking things one day at a time and was focused on helping the club start the season, get the embargo lifted and to convince RM to fulfil his responsibilities for now.
Good for Anna F for getting more involved than what i thought initially. Still uncertain what Duddridge's role in all this is?.
And good luck convincing the 'roach' about his responsibilities are!.

I'm in total disbelief nothing has been organised for Saturday
I'm guessing that at the moment, discussions are ongoing about what would be the best thing to do?. The weekly Sat protests outside the 'roach's' home have diminished in numbers alarmingly over the last 3 weeks ?. Not wishing or will bother replying to any comments, but imo last Sat's turnout of around 15 fans was absolutely pathetic. Literally there are between 100-200 posts on here weekly about ramping up the protests, but come the day, where is everybody?.
Possibly instead of a protest inside Roots Hall on Sat, it's felt that getting behind the team for 90 mins is more productive?.

The fact their are portaloo's and not toilets and showers is an absolute disgrace. How RM has the front to actually show his face to the supporters at the end of his lawn is beyond me
Ron has more front than Southend !!

Back