• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting 02/08/23

Seems interesting that there’s no protests this weekend. I understand it if deadlines and ultimatums have been put in place.

Strange no protest on Saturday, considering some of comments coming from some members of this forum.

Surely the only place to be this weekend is Roots Hall where you can make your feelings known about Ron while at the same time supporting the club we all love.
Yeah. But I assumed there would be some form of protest at the game before or after.

I thought HMRC and the NL have a system of direct reporting, so if that is the case, it won't even be necessary for the club to make any declarations.
I think it's a breach of rules to not tell the NL that you're in arrears - the link between NL and HmRC is probably to catch the clubs not telling the NL

I think there were always plans to have portaloos temporarily over there.
The original temporary buildings at the FF training ground had portaloos, but I think the revised plan with 12 temporary buildings doesn't.

And no plans for portaloos at B&L until AF mentioned above!

The original plan was to move from B&L at the end of last season but that got deferred to planning to use it for pre season this year. Portacabins were to be used similar to B&L and as I understood it the new facilities were to have water supplied from an adjacent land owner. (Don't know if that was just a temp solution). But unsurprisingly he didn't get paid so the supply was stopped and the pitches didn't get watered and temp toilets left to clog up with excrement.
The club then tried to use the roots hall facilities for toilets and showers after training, but as some saw on sunday, they had been left to fester too and were an unhealthy place.
There was a threat to cut off the water to roots hall last week which was extremely narrowly averted with imaginative drastic action. I'm assuming that may now have been resolved. Apparently the water firm were owed around 100k.
However, as I posted on a different thread, there is a bit of optimism around the place this week with things appearing to progress positively on the Aussie front.
The pitch which hadnt knitted due to work starting 3 weeks late due to no funds, has now received the additional work and products and is expected to be lots better by Saturday ( not perfect by any means), but at least playable.
It was important for Saturday's match to be at home for the income.

Can I ask a simple question, which everyone blames RM rightly or wrongly

But with stadium safety certificate only just going through, who was responsible for this taking so long, if I recall in the old days Jobson was the man who got this sorted, I find hard to believe that RM would have this on his list of jobs, surely it would be one of his minions

Only those that truly know reply and not the its RM faults and donot know but guessing

But with stadium safety certificate only just going through, who was responsible for this taking so long, if I recall in the old days Jobson was the man who got this sorted, I find hard to believe that RM would have this on his list of jobs, surely it would be one of his minions

Only those that truly know reply and not the its RM faults and donot know but guessing
TL and lack of funds held everything up.

Might not have been on RM to do list but he definitely wasn't releasing the funds to cover upkeep and maintenance let alone pay wages.

The debt to HMRC that we know about is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be a new winding up order from HMRC following it very, very shortly.
Absolutely there is more debt to HMRC accrued since the petition, but we also have to pay that off by the 23rd August as a condition set by the National League.

Ron is going to have to swallow it up hard and dip into his family fortune.

The debt to HMRC that we know about is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be a new winding up order from HMRC following it very, very shortly.
Would you assume BoyWonder, that this would be part of the 'immediate debt' that was advertised in the for sale statement?

Absolutely there is more debt to HMRC accrued since the petition, but we also have to pay that off by the 23rd August as a condition set by the National League.

Ron is going to have to swallow it up hard and dip into his family fortune.
Possibly funds will have to be drawn down from Mezcal in the BVI. Doubt he has any credit available in the UK?

Would you assume BoyWonder, that this would be part of the 'immediate debt' that was advertised in the for sale statement?
I will try and answer. It’s almost certain that included in the £1 million that needed to be settled was the £300k now paid to football creditors, the £250k owed to HMRC that remained included in the WUO and unpaid alongside circa ( my guess ) around £150-£200k of additional mature HMRC debt will be due and on top of that as wages have now been paid then the sum due to HMRC will have jumped again and almost certainly come 23/8 it’s going to be at least £500k due to b3 paid to HMRC alone

I will try and answer. It’s almost certain that included in the £1 million that needed to be settled was the £300k now paid to football creditors, the £250k owed to HMRC that remained included in the WUO and unpaid alongside circa ( my guess ) around £150-£200k of additional mature HMRC debt will be due and on top of that as wages have now been paid then the sum due to HMRC will have jumped again and almost certainly come 23/8 it’s going to be at least £500k due to b3 paid to HMRC alone
Thanks WS. Sounds like a dream for new owner/investor/RM puppet then.

Thanks. Any idea how much the other amounts owed to others are under the WUP ?

Thanks. Any idea how much the other amounts owed to others are under the WUP ?
I can only go on my own guesstimates and I would think that little has been paid what is possible is that some , such as npower , who it was said joined the petition have as we know come to a separate agreement but ultimately it’s the money that is owed to HMRC that is the biggie in the immediate future.

Things down the line in terms of the water bill, business rates will be a major issue in the medium term but reflecting on what we know now particularly when it comes to how RH and how it has been allowed to deteriorate I am struggling to work out where this will end in terms of playing in almost what is best described as a vacuum.

Its 20 days till the court deadline as those days tick by its gets more precarious and as admirable as it has been with people sprucing up RH it’s going to take a massive effort to get to even the first international break still intact

Cheers @Cricko - a few interesting points there.

“When the embargo is lifted” seems to give us hope that it will be soon - any timescale given on that?

Interesting that there’s a meeting to be scheduled after the embargo is lifted, what’s the meeting about and why is the lifting of the embargo the catalyst for facilitating it?

I find the new training ground saga baffling - why build it to the extent they have and then not complete it and then let it deteriorate to the extent it can’t be used? Surely now they’ve got permission from Rochford BC, they should get the pitches sorted, utilities connected and the portacabins delivered. Then Boots and Laces can be vacated and the land sold for house building. Very odd and maybe indicative of just what financial difficulty Ron is in.

FF may still happen? Thought that was gone now.
One already told everyone this and got laughed at and shot down … Ron Martin knocked the contractor they haven’t completed the basic install of services along with some cases alarmingly also the infrastructure isn’t in place

Back