• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting 02/08/23

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Both Anna and TL were also in last nights zoom call.

Relevant points i noted and @Medway Blue might be able to add more?

Anna is taking everything one day at a time in trying to resolve a lot of things. She has taken the water problem on and has spoken to RM about it and porta loos will be installed at BL imminently. She has also spoken to Garons who are offering their services for the players to train there.

When the embargo is lifted she will be holding a meeting for all relevant and interested parties and using the Civic centre for the discussion.

There are still interested parties in buying the club and Jez Moxey is dealing with them. The possible new owners are already crystallising (Anna's word) a plan for FF if and when it is built.

The new training ground will not be ready for at least 3 months. the grass is deteriorating and there is no water or electric supply atm.

There is a sell on clause for Nathan Bishop but TL said he did not know the amount yet ( i find that hard to believe). Rhys i know deals with all the players contracts anyway.

The Academy costs 750k a year and that is why we do not have one atm.

There are no protests arranged for the first home game of the season but they will return for the second.

The rest of night there was nothing really that i heard that would be of any interest unless @Medway Blue has anything to add.

Cheers @Cricko - a few interesting points there.

“When the embargo is lifted” seems to give us hope that it will be soon - any timescale given on that?

Interesting that there’s a meeting to be scheduled after the embargo is lifted, what’s the meeting about and why is the lifting of the embargo the catalyst for facilitating it?

I find the new training ground saga baffling - why build it to the extent they have and then not complete it and then let it deteriorate to the extent it can’t be used? Surely now they’ve got permission from Rochford BC, they should get the pitches sorted, utilities connected and the portacabins delivered. Then Boots and Laces can be vacated and the land sold for house building. Very odd and maybe indicative of just what financial difficulty Ron is in.

FF may still happen? Thought that was gone now.

Both Anna and TL were also in last nights zoom call.

Relevant points i noted and @Medway Blue might be able to add more?

Anna is taking everything one day at a time in trying to resolve a lot of things. She has taken the water problem on and has spoken to RM about it and porta loos will be installed at BL imminently. She has also spoken to Garons who are offering their services for the players to train there.

When the embargo is lifted she will be holding a meeting for all relevant and interested parties and using the Civic centre for the discussion.

There are still interested parties in buying the club and Jez Moxey is dealing with them. The possible new owners are already crystallising (Anna's word) a plan for FF if and when it is built.

The new training ground will not be ready for at least 3 months. the grass is deteriorating and there is no water or electric supply atm.

There is a sell on clause for Nathan Bishop but TL said he did not know the amount yet ( i find that hard to believe). Rhys i know deals with all the players contracts anyway.

The Academy costs 750k a year and that is why we do not have one atm.

There are no protests arranged for the first home game of the season but they will return for the second.

The rest of night there was nothing really that i heard that would be of any interest unless @Medway Blue has anything to add.
In fairness to him it's likely to be true as he probably didn't know the actual transfer fee Sunderland paid that time.

“When the embargo is lifted” seems to give us hope that it will be soon - any timescale given on that?

Interesting that there’s a meeting to be scheduled after the embargo is lifted, what’s the meeting about and why is the lifting of the embargo the catalyst for facilitating it?

I find the new training ground saga baffling - why build it to the extent they have and then not complete it and then let it deteriorate to the extent it can’t be used? Surely now they’ve got permission from Rochford BC, they should get the pitches sorted, utilities connected and the portacabins delivered. Then Boots and Laces can be vacated and the land sold for house building. Very odd and maybe indicative of just what financial difficulty Ron is in.

That's not how I read it. I read it as simply "when", I.e. it could easily be arranged for after the 23rd when all monies have to be paid and Ron has to behave himself.

I also read into that, that any new owners are waiting for him to pay so they don't have to. If it's waiting for Ron is will the a last minute thing I would imagine.

Normal BS from the 🐀 only this time he's blatantly lying to the government which he probably thinks will work 🙄.

If he as going to pay enough money to lift our embargo he would have done it already, when we're down to the bare bones in terms of squad numbers.

I'm afraid he'll lie and cheat his way through as per, with the gullible ones getting all excited again.

Until the 🐀 is 💯 gone from our club it'll be the same old.

How much do we owe the water company if portaloos are the answer to having the water cut off - presumably paying the water bill, or coming to an agreement to pay, and getting the water turned back on should be the solution
I think there were always plans to have portaloos temporarily over there.

I think the reason the embargo being lifted being the catalyst is because to lift the embargo we have to pay off HMRC and unless we do that we have no club anyway!, one step at a time, I can't believe we've got this far to be honest.

I think the reason the embargo being lifted being the catalyst is because to lift the embargo we have to pay off HMRC and unless we do that we have no club anyway!, one step at a time, I can't believe we've got this far to be honest.
From what I was told yesterday it’s not just the debt to HMRC that’s an issue the missing the yet to be filed 31/7/22 accounts will no be a factor in any discussion with NL

The fact their are portaloo's and not toilets and showers is an absolute disgrace. How RM has the front to actually show his face to the supporters at the end of his lawn is beyond me

The fact their are portaloo's and not toilets and showers is an absolute disgrace. How RM has the front to actually show his face to the supporters at the end of his lawn is beyond me
This is going way too far. If the man has the decency to put portaloos in his front garden for the benefit of protesters, what right have you to demand entry to his home?

The debt to HMRC that we know about is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be a new winding up order from HMRC following it very, very shortly.

Reading too much into it, I feel (not a first on SZ). I think it just means what it says... 'when' the embargo is lifted.

On the second bit... nothing is for certain in the ever shifting sands (and goal posts) of this process.

The debt to HMRC that we know about is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be a new winding up order from HMRC following it very, very shortly.
Doesnt the club also have to declare over due payments to HMRC to the NL - so if only the wup payment is made embargo won't be lifted - we'll need to clear all overdue payments for that?

Doesnt the club also have to declare over due payments to HMRC to the NL - so if only the wup payment is made embargo won't be lifted - we'll need to clear all overdue payments for that?
I thought HMRC and the NL have a system of direct reporting, so if that is the case, it won't even be necessary for the club to make any declarations.

Back