• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

I think we're entitled to know whether the club we support owes this money back to Ron (personally), or one of his other co.s (and which one). Where he, or they, obtain the funds from would probably be classed as confidential. In which case, he should explain it's confidential, when asked.

As a matter of interest, why are we entitled to know? And if it's confidential and he says so. would anyone believe him?

As importantly it is probably quite confidential financial information. In the end I think we could all hazard a guess it's from our rather wealthy partners in the grand development. I seem to remember some sort of intercompany arrangement/guarantee being put in place a while ago that would facilitate such a transfer. And its almost certainly where the £800k will come from.

It doesn't pay however to share such information in the public domain when you then have to have discussions with various creditors and potential creditors, not to mention other clubs, agents etc. All entirely normal.

Such information should be available to shareholders

As a matter of interest, why are we entitled to know? And if it's confidential and he says so. would anyone believe him?

In my opinion, without submitting the annual accounts on time and the with the club being a whisker away from being wound up, I think we have every right drill down on the sources of the clubs income (or lack of it). Re the confidentiality, who knows. Some seem to believe a lot of what he says.

Reactions: GBJ
Didn't Ron also claim that Barnard downed tools? Which Barnard denied.

We are getting one side of the story, which is Ron's side.

Yep, several players I knew at the time backed Barnards story too! I know who I dont trust!

Back