• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Stadium Manager

Terry, we did have the meeting and it went well. The outcome was that they were going to open up a block where they don't sell tickets, so we can sit with mates on a first come first serve basis. the draw back was the persistant standing, if it continued they would shut that block pushing us into overcrowded areas. We agreed to try and police this ourselves, where we can which we are trying to do.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of all the arguing over seating every week, I know all the stuff about "we sould be allowed to stand up " which I agree with, but if that is a rule handed down from the FA to each club lets try and make the most of it and get something back in return.
What do you think

Elvis, it sounds as if you have brokered a good deal. Surely you have to have a ticket for that block or can fans migrate to that block in the meantime?

It sounds like that it's going to be an "all singing, all dancing block" which will create some atmosphere which has been sadly lacking down there in recent weeks.

The moot point of course is the persistent standing. The ground rules which are dictated by the law says that "Nobody may stand in any seated area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground."

That's easily understood but there is an unwritten understanding that in moments of exciting play or the celebration of a goal, people may stand as long as they sit down again when the moment passes.

As long as you can make it known to the fans congregating in that block, that those are the rules and they must be adhered to, I am sure that you are onto a winner.

The last thing that you now want is a few knobs spoiling it for everyone else because I'm sure that the club will come down very heavily on offenders. It the whole block are persistent standers, I am sure that the whole block will be shut down and you will all be dispersed and the moment will be lost for a long, long time or forever.

I am sure that if the club and the FLA are happy with the good co-operation that you are trying to acheive, they will leave you alone. The club can then focus their energies on the away standers!!!!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Dec. 15 2005,18:16)]Elvis, it sounds as if you have brokered a good deal. Surely you have to have a ticket for that block or can fans migrate to that block in the meantime?

It sounds like that it's going to be an "all singing, all dancing block" which will create some atmosphere which has been sadly lacking down there in recent weeks.

The moot point of course is the persistent standing. The ground rules which are dictated by the law says that "Nobody may stand in any seated area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground."

That's easily understood but there is an unwritten understanding that in moments of exciting play or the celebration of a goal, people may stand as long as they sit down again when the moment passes.

As long as you can make it known to the fans congregating in that block, that those are the rules and they must be adhered to, I am sure that you are onto a winner.

The last thing that you now want is a few knobs spoiling it for everyone else because I'm sure that the club will come down very heavily on offenders. It the whole block are persistent standers, I am sure that the whole block will be shut down and you will all be dispersed and the moment will be lost for a long, long time or forever.

I am sure that if the club and the FLA are happy with the good co-operation that you are trying to acheive, they will leave you alone. The club can then focus their energies on the away standers!!!!  
biggrin.gif
Terry , you missed the all-important SUFC adaption of that rule that says "This only applies to the home fans , visiting supporters can get away with standing at all times"

Terry, unforturnatley my concerns were for the west bank, I didn't bring up the east, although from what you say you have got a fair point. Hopefully they will sort something out for you.
We are all in this together, from what GK said they could be forced to shut blocks by the FA. We don't want that to happen cause less revenue means less investment.

To all you lads who stand at the back of the west keep up the great atmos, just have a thought for us old Buggers who's knees ain't what they used to be.... and sit down occasionally, you'll all be old one day
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Dec. 09 2005,00:52)]Why is it every bloody thread has to descend into a pun competition.  I know there's not alot of positives on the ptich at the moment but there's no need to stoop to ORM 's level!
ghostface.gif
I resemble those remarks.
laugh.gif

Who is this Mayer bloke that ARSE speaks so highly of anyway ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"This only applies to the home fans , visiting supporters can get away with standing at all times"

Ken, I'm sure that both parties - the "F" block and the away fans both say to the stewards - "sort that lot out and then we'll sit down" just as we do when we go away.
biggrin.gif

However if the club can work with our fans to get them to work within the rules, then they will concentrate on sorting out the away standers!!  
biggrin.gif

Back