• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
I know we have three fine representatives for the meetings with SK/RM but I was wondering whether it would be possible, on each occasion, to take a junior Blue. They are the future of the club and it would be a great experience for them. It could be a watching brief or they may be asked one or two things from a juniors perspective.

No, before you ask, my two kids have not been 'junior' for longer than I want to remember, God I'm getting old! I thought maybe a Zone competition to select juniors that would like to attend. Thoughts anyone?

I know we have three fine representatives for the meetings with SK/RM but I was wondering whether it would be possible, on each occasion, to take a junior Blue. They are the future of the club and it would be a great experience for them. It could be a watching brief or they may be asked one or two things from a juniors perspective.

No, before you ask, my two kids have not been 'junior' for longer than I want to remember, God I'm getting old! I thought maybe a Zone competition to select juniors that would like to attend. Thoughts anyone?

My thoughts on that? While I think it's a good idea in theory, I'm not sure how it would work in practice, with both adults and children. Children may not understand much of what is said and would then likely become bored, and I think most of us know what happens when a child gets bored.

If any young Shrimpers want to ask questions, and are members of the Southend Junior Shrimpers, then I would be more than happy to arrange a forum for THEM, I think if it was their Q&A it would be approached differently and different things would be discussed.

Membership of the SJS costs just £10, regardless of their age, and lasts until they're 16. From the membership, one person is selected each month to present the Player of the Month award. Membership forms available via this link http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/n_images/client/membership/sjs-12.pdf

Makes a great Christmas present for the young Blues in your families!!! :winking:

My thoughts on that? While I think it's a good idea in theory, I'm not sure how it would work in practice, with both adults and children. Children may not understand much of what is said and would then likely become bored, and I think most of us know what happens when a child gets bored.

If any young Shrimpers want to ask questions, and are members of the Southend Junior Shrimpers, then I would be more than happy to arrange a forum for THEM, I think if it was their Q&A it would be approached differently and different things would be discussed.

Membership of the SJS costs just £10, regardless of their age, and lasts until they're 16. From the membership, one person is selected each month to present the Player of the Month award. Membership forms available via this link http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/n_images/client/membership/sjs-12.pdf

Makes a great Christmas present for the young Blues in your families!!! :winking:

Sorry OBL I had to laugh. Your reply was like one of those 'celebs' on tele pushing their latest trim the fat DVD. Of course its great for young ones to join the Junior Shrimpers and I endorse your ad.

However not all 'children' get bored or are unable to understand. They don't even have to younger than say twelve. But they also should not have to be a member of any organisation as a prerequisite. A fan is a fan.

Sorry OBL I had to laugh. Your reply was like one of those 'celebs' on tele pushing their latest trim the fat DVD. Of course its great for young ones to join the Junior Shrimpers and I endorse your ad.

However not all 'children' get bored or are unable to understand. They don't even have to younger than say twelve. But they also should not have to be a member of any organisation as a prerequisite. A fan is a fan.

Lol, that was how it was meant to come over! However, a child isn't a "member" of this forum, I don't know if it still applies, but there used to be a rule that membership was for people over 16 (or possibly 18, I can't remember) - obviously unenforceable.

I do honestly think there's some merit to having a Junior Forum though, seems that the SJS, and possibly the Club's Junior Blues (if it still exists) would be the perfect source for finding interested parties to attend.

For someone who works with children, you don't give them much credit do you.

One problem is that we always meet at licences premises. Sometimes the talk includes something that can't be released into the public domain at the time and it may be difficult to control if someone mentions it and it becomes public.

For someone who works with children, you don't give them much credit do you.

One problem is that we always meet at licences premises. Sometimes the talk includes something that can't be released into the public domain at the time and it may be difficult to control if someone mentions it and it becomes public.
DWB, it's BECAUSE I work with children that I know that to be true. Get anyone under 12 in and they'd be fidgeting within 10 minutes.

Ken, a Junior Forum would still be doable, certainly in one of the suites at the club.

DWB, it's BECAUSE I work with children that I know that to be true. Get anyone under 12 in and they'd be fidgeting within 10 minutes.

Ken, a Junior Forum would still be doable, certainly in one of the suites at the club.

I will ask Steve if he could have a meeting with young fans. I know he is a really busy man which makes arranging our meetings difficult, not sure how much time he could spare but I will try.

Lol, that was how it was meant to come over! However, a child isn't a "member" of this forum, I don't know if it still applies, but there used to be a rule that membership was for people over 16 (or possibly 18, I can't remember) - obviously unenforceable.

I do honestly think there's some merit to having a Junior Forum though, seems that the SJS, and possibly the Club's Junior Blues (if it still exists) would be the perfect source for finding interested parties to attend.

A junior forum would be a step in the right direction no doubt. I would still like to see a junior at the meetings where they can see the machinations of the old gits. It may cement their interest and commitment for life.

I will ask Steve if he could have a meeting with young fans. I know he is a really busy man which makes arranging our meetings difficult, not sure how much time he could spare but I will try.

Thanks Ken, doesn't need to be till January or February though I don't think, far too much happening at the moment. Could easily do in the Blues Lounge or Platinum Suite.

This forum is not the place for children as the subjects wont be geared to them, but totally agree that getting young peoples feedback is a good thing and having some sort of communication with them is a good idea.

A junior forum would be a step in the right direction no doubt. I would still like to see a junior at the meetings where they can see the machinations of the old gits. It may cement their interest and commitment for life.

They would certainly hear some good words mostly beginning with f and c. (Football and Chairman)

This forum is not the place for children as the subjects wont be geared to them, but totally agree that getting young peoples feedback is a good thing and having some sort of communication with them is a good idea.

I love you Jam Man!!! lol. This forum is not for children! Priceless. :hilarious:I know you have read the majority of the posts on here so cannot really believe that. Thanks Jam Man, that will keep me chuckling all day.:thumbsup:

Its not really the right place for kids but that does not mean their voice should not be heard - Like Kay has said who does an excellent job with the Junior Blues and that really is their channel to use. I myself cover most of the younger fans 16 and upwards being only 27 myself so many of them can always come to me for advice or questions.

I love you Jam Man!!! lol. This forum is not for children! Priceless. :hilarious:I know you have read the majority of the posts on here so cannot really believe that. Thanks Jam Man, that will keep me chuckling all day.:thumbsup:

I was talking about the fans forum that McNasty etc attend, not shrimperzone.....

I was talking about the fans forum that McNasty etc attend, not shrimperzone.....

My bad, my bad. Still laughing though. However i misconstrued your post it made me belly laugh. As I said to OBL too many senior moments for me these days. Thanks for clarifying that JM, I was too close to an unwanted 'pee-pee in pants' with all the laughing. Its ok I am over it. :hilarious: Nearly.

Back