• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At last nights do Kavanagh was talking about pushing a load of free tickets to local schools - maybe that would be the perfect time to have a bit of a marketing push for junior membership?

At last nights do Kavanagh was talking about pushing a load of free tickets to local schools - maybe that would be the perfect time to have a bit of a marketing push for junior membership?

Good idea James, as long as they aren't going to be put in block U in the West!

Hold my hands up to that one, I should have sorted out a poster to go into local schools this Autumn, but what with a wedding and all, I've just not got round to it.

I take your point though, and do agree. Like I said earlier, Junior Blues was still going, which is the club's baby but I don't think they're promoting it at all. Vast untapped area and a trick missed.

The 'Meet The Blues Day' would have been a perfect opportunity. Actually spent a lot of time in the trust tent buying badges etc for and with my son - but cant remember seeing anything about it there - Then outsideyou had the large hour long queue of kids waiting to get the players autographs which I would have thought a pefect opportunity to work that queue giving out info and even signing the kids up.... How about hitting the family area at the ground with leaflets (maybe something coukld have been put in the kids fun pack that was given out the other week...) Then you have the weekly training sessions of the development and Shadow squads... There seem plenty of opportunites but none really being taken

The 'Meet The Blues Day' would have been a perfect opportunity. Actually spent a lot of time in the trust tent buying badges etc for and with my son - but cant remember seeing anything about it there - Then outsideyou had the large hour long queue of kids waiting to get the players autographs which I would have thought a pefect opportunity to work that queue giving out info and even signing the kids up.... How about hitting the family area at the ground with leaflets (maybe something coukld have been put in the kids fun pack that was given out the other week...) Then you have the weekly training sessions of the development and Shadow squads... There seem plenty of opportunites but none really being taken
Some good ideas there, I can't find any proof, but the Junior Shrimpers banner is normally on display alongside the Trust one at MTBD and membership forms were definitely on the stall. I was overseeing the front bit of the queue and getting the players in, but you're absolutely right, and working along the queue of fans would have been a perfect opportunity. Trouble is, there wasn't that many of "us" there, and if you're thin on numbers then you do what is necessary.

Will certainly bear that all in mind for next year though, thanks.

I did enjoy the beer of the day on Saturday v bradford. Rudolph red? On the negative side ....
a) service too slow because of the G&T brigade/spritzers filling the bar & time.
b) bar crowded with people watching Mancs ****** on TV and taking seats etc but not spending money on food/drink.
c) beer ran out at 6pm just when I was getting to really enjoy it and I had to switch to Murpheys.

Have we ever thought about getting an extra hand or 2 behind the coffee bars? 20 minute queue on a 15 minute half time probably puts a few people off. How about trialling an usher or 2 who just sell tea / coffee and come into the crowd at half time.

Have we ever thought about getting an extra hand or 2 behind the coffee bars? 20 minute queue on a 15 minute half time probably puts a few people off. How about trialling an usher or 2 who just sell tea / coffee and come into the crowd at half time.

I will forward your points to Steve Kavanagh --- we spoke yesterday about the tea bars closing 15 mins into the 2nd half on Tuesday night leaving people unable to get hot drinks for the last 90 minutes of play and penalties and he said that was being addressed.

Good idea, or a tea trolley on the track/pitch side. I thing a sweet/choc trolley could sell too but I am sure paying the staff, H & S, people moving from seats, and pilferage are big blockers to most ideas.

I'm sure we used to have people walking around the pitch with hot drinks for sale in large rucksack type things. They also used to do sweets as well. Maybe we can start this up again?

Back