• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mel Capleton

Javea Shrimper

As suggested earlier this week, Capleton made his debut for Billericay Town in yesterday's (Sat 26) 4-1 home win over Cheshunt in the Ryman League Premier Division. Playing in front of him were Danny Kerrigan, David McSweeney and Leon Hunter, who scored the opener through a first-half penalty. With manager Justin Edinburgh, BTFC are looking like another ex-Shrimpers side!

WS

nice bloke mel

cant believe grays signed Emberson instead of retaining him last season

Nice to see Emberson ousted from the Grays side

Would he get a game in the Shrimperzone side I wonder??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Mar. 01 2005,13:27)]Nice to see Emberson ousted from the Grays side

Knowing the manager it's more than likely.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 01 2005,14:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Mar. 01 2005,13:27)]Nice to see Emberson ousted from the Grays side

tounge.gif
Knowing the goalkeeper, it's not that likely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 01 2005,14:44)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
Don't think I don't trawl around the entire site looking for dissent.
smile.gif

As a very first post on here , I say he is the worst first team keeper I have seen for Southend in 38 Years of personal support...It seemed that supporters liked him , and good luck to him , but for me never a pro player standard.

Dishonourable mentions must also surely go to Mark Prudhoe and Neville Southall, both many years past their sell-by dates when they finally shamed the Southend badge. And I used shamed advisedly... both clearly seemed to think that it was acceptable, because they were "only playing for Southend" to be fat & unfit in goal for us.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 29 2005,21:17)]Worst? Nearly, but not quite in my opinion. Eric Steele was by far the biggest chump between the sticks ...

WS
Yes agreed Michael
a truly awful goalkeeper

I have a soft spot for any player who has put on the shirt for SUFC. I enjoy trying to follow the younger players who unfortunately have been let go over the years.

Brian Lloyd? Remember him? Couldn't catch it and repeatedly scuffed goal kicks to the edge of the box where the opposing forward, reading a book, would simply whack it back past him. 0-1. Oh dear....

apparently mel jumped into the crowd behind the goal on tuesday night to remonstrate with away fans who were giving him abuse. could have been quite nasty

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ April 21 2005,21:12)]apparently mel jumped into the crowd behind the goal on tuesday night to remonstrate with away fans who were giving him abuse. could have been quite nasty
He jumped into the crowd because as he bent down to pick up his water bottle at the end of the game, (which was lying right by the fence) a stupid kid of about 13 bounced a football on his head.
suspect.gif

No excuse for either.

He didn't get any more abuse than any other visiting keeper might get at any other ground or club.

He made three very good stops but also showed why he probably won't get back into league football by the two Chelmsford goals, the second scored by Gary Ansell from an almost impossible angle and seeming lost cause. Mel ought to have come for the cross to start with, but was still beaten at his near post. He also bizzarely punched a corner away at chest height when unmarked.

AC

Back