• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memories

coluwho?

Schoolboy
what is your favourite all time memory in terms of funninesss
i have threes

1 tes bramble, maher and lewis hunt all in there mercades then whos that walking in to the ground michael kighlty in his southend trackie well funny

2. the streaker in the south stand couldnt beleieve my eyes

3 dean windass in goal and we drew 1-1 hahaha

another one was when a person in the south stand threw a cup of tea at phil jevons to get them promotion instead of us to league one

missed him by an inch or two!

and when terry alterton signed for us

Che Wilson scoring at colchester :D:D:D:D they really must be sh*t for him to score, I liked him as a defender sometimes but he never attacked and that just shows how poor they really are :D

Macclesfield keeper Tony Bullock (?) throwing a hissy fit after getting sent off, circa 2001. Threw his jersey off, started taking his shorts off but thought better and then lumped the ball in to the crowd, hitting someone in the East Stand. Brilliant.

Neville Southalls constant outbursts at the Southend defence while he was on loan.

The oldham keeper (think it was Mike Pollitt), getting the hump with Mark Beard after a late challenge, then gesturing a headbut at him. Beard then feigned injury, which was apparent to all in the South lower. The referee charged over, which we all suspected was to book beard for diving. Instead he gave a penalty, and booked pollitt, which prompted Beard, Regis coubault and all the south lower to break out into laughter. I think we missed the penalty

Rhys Weston's own goal in front of the South Stand to give us the least-deserved point ever against Cardiff. Somehow only 1-0 down, we hoofed a freekick from around our own 18-yard box straight to their keeper-completely pointless. Fortunately, Rhys was on hand not only to block his keeper's approach, but then to have the ball cannon into the net off of his own backside...

Che Wilson scoring at colchester :D:D:D:D they really must be sh*t for him to score, I liked him as a defender sometimes but he never attacked and that just shows how poor they really are :D

There was a phase that Che went thru when he pushed forward at every opportunity, playing 1-2's and running into space. I remember him scoring at Roots Hall after a great run, a 1-2 and the ball in the net!!

Macclesfield keeper Tony Bullock (?) throwing a hissy fit after getting sent off, circa 2001. Threw his jersey off, started taking his shorts off but thought better and then lumped the ball in to the crowd, hitting someone in the East Stand. Brilliant.

Remember that...that ball really went into the crowd hard and straight and I think it did some damage...was the best kcik he had done all day!!

The taking the pee out of Paul Roberts, who was one of the worst players to wear the Blue shirt. He would always bite & often came back with a decent line too! Always had me in stitches!

The ball did indeed hit a child just in front of me. Bullock was fined £800 for that.

Anyone remember the 8 balls that appeared from the SE corner in the Luton cup game?

The ball did indeed hit a child just in front of me. Bullock was fined £800 for that.

Anyone remember the 8 balls that appeared from the SE corner in the Luton cup game?

I indeed do. Very funny.

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned.

The streaker at Southampton in the cup? Watching that steward trying to get his hands around her.

The oldham keeper (think it was Mike Pollitt), getting the hump with Mark Beard after a late challenge, then gesturing a headbut at him. Beard then feigned injury, which was apparent to all in the South lower. The referee charged over, which we all suspected was to book beard for diving. Instead he gave a penalty, and booked pollitt, which prompted Beard, Regis coubault and all the south lower to break out into laughter. I think we missed the penalty

I was in the South Lower that day, makes me smile whenever I see Mike Politt on t.v.

The penalty was saved from our skipper at the time Andy Harris, god knows why he was taking the penalties!

Some bloke from Darlington got sent off, and as I confirmed this sitting with my lad in the West, a bloke behind us suddenly demanded "Where? Where?", took out a pair of binoculars and started desperately scanning the pitch with them.

Back