• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mercury Music Prize 2011

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
It's time for SZ's yearly evisceration of the Mercury nominations....

Adele - 21
Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys!
Everything Everything - Man Alive
Ghostpoet - Peanut Butter Blues and Melancholy Jam
Gwilym Simcock - Good Days At Schloss Elmau
James Blake - James Blake
Katy B - On A Mission
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine
Metronomy - The English Riviera
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy

Adele - 21 it's ok, the missus likes it
Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi not heard it
Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys! like elbow a lot but a poor album by the lads
Everything Everything - Man Alive a few good songs but lots of filler. these lads have potential though
Ghostpoet - Peanut Butter Blues and Melancholy Jam great album
Gwilym Simcock - Good Days At Schloss Elmau not heard it
James Blake - James Blake massively overrated, the EP's are far better
Katy B - On A Mission only heard the singles, which the missus likes but i'm not a fan of
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine ok album
Metronomy - The English Riviera good album
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake ok album but IMO overrated, her other albums are better and she already won it
Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy wwaaahhhhh??:stunned:

Obvious omissions - Radiohead, Wild Beasts, Mogwai, The Horrors (too late?).

My picks - Mount Kimbie, WU LYF, Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat, The Streets, Jamie Woon, SBTRKT

According to the dates for the Mercury Prize The Horrors album could have been entered as it was released on the very last day for entries.

Personally out of all the albums from that list I have listened to, The Horrors is far better than all of them. It's a shame they don't get more recognition.

I agree though, it is rather a poor line up this year.

Both sit proudly in the Shackleford vinyl library.

I thought you were a new-fangled CD fan??

american_psycho-131.jpg

Back