• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Message from Franny Laurent

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Just so you guys know, Francis wishes Southend United all the best for the season and says he will miss the fans, and asked me to pass that on.

I really hope he finds a club where he's appreciated. These confidence players struggled to perform under the circumstances we had last season, he deserves - as they all do/did - much better.

Just so you guys know, Francis wishes Southend United all the best for the season and says he will miss the fans, and asked me to pass that on.

I really hope he finds a club where he's appreciated. These confidence players struggled to perform under the circumstances we had last season, he deserves - as they all do/did - much better.

That's a nice message, and best of luck to him.
By the way OBL, how did you get to speak to him?

That's a nice message, and best of luck to him.
By the way OBL, how did you get to speak to him?

If it's anything like the other players she's spoken to, she will have been camping outside his house for the past few days with a feather quill, a pot of ink and a scroll of parchment.

Good luck Francis and Jean Christophe - I hope your adventures in football get better and better - and that you find somewhere better than the Roslin Park for dinner and thanks for the good moments -

JFC loved the goal at Peterboro -

take our best wishes with you - au revoir

Would you really expect him to say anything else ?

I realise that all the players have plenty good reasons to leave , but surely some such as Laurent have not done anything in the game to warrent them saying they are better than our level , in fact it was players like him that dragged us down to the level we are now at . Would have been nice if a few more took a leaf out if Grants book and rolled thier sleeves up and helped us fight our way back up the leagues .

Still good luck to him , i'm sure the French div 2 is better than ours (not) !

Last edited:
Although he was erratic to say the least, he has bags of skill and will probably play at a higher level than us next season. So far all of last seasons players who have left will be playing at a higher level. It shows that their new managers can spot potential, they can't all be wrong. Despite this, many people on here are glad to see them go! Strange !!!!!

Although he was erratic to say the least, he has bags of skill and will probably play at a higher level than us next season. So far all of last seasons players who have left will be playing at a higher level. It shows that their new managers can spot potential, they can't all be wrong. Despite this, many people on here are glad to see them go! Strange !!!!!

Top post. Just goes to show that really we had a squad good enough to at least finish top 10 last season, and how much the failings of RM cost us.

Of is it that their new managers got them on the cheap...??

good luck at whatever unibond team you end up at mr laurent.

why did he lie to the supporters the other night at the derby gam saying he was staying. maybe he thought he might be possibly. but seems very strange

It's all very well him having nice words to say but let's face it 90% of the time he was pony.

i wish laurent all the best in finding a new club as he was one of my favourite players when playing wide right, just needed to be a bit more consistant, think he will be snapped up by at least another league 2 club at worse, goodluck laurent.

i wish laurent all the best in finding a new club as he was one of my favourite players when playing wide right, just needed to be a bit more consistant, think he will be snapped up by at least another league 2 club at worse, goodluck laurent.

I think it was reported that they both want to go back and play in France.

Good luck Francis and Jean Christophe - I hope your adventures in football get better and better - and that you find somewhere better than the Roslin Park for dinner and thanks for the good moments -

JFC loved the goal at Peterboro -

take our best wishes with you - au revoir

Was it JFC who got the last minute equaliser against Col U when we went 2-0 up to 3-2 down ?

Message to Franny Laurent

You and your French mate JFC were an overpaid load of tosh last season. Good Riddance to bad rubbish!

We need to move on!

Last edited:
Back