• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
As we have done before. Please leave your messages to the players here. They will be passed on to them before the game on Weds evening.

Let's see some proper spine tingling, heartfelt and passionate words people...

Unlucky not to get a draw lads, difficult away game and were not out of it by any means. We will all be there supporting you Wednesday night, thanks for a great season, nothing more scary and exciting than the play-offs. WE BELIEVE.
STURROCK, CLOHESSY, PHILLIPS, PROSSER, BARKER, GILBERT, MOHSNI, GRANTY, COMON WE BELIEVE, ****ING COMON BOYS I LOVE YA.
HALL, TIMLIN, EASTWOOD, KANE, MARTIN (WHEREVER YOU ARE), HARRIS, HILLS, BENYON, BELFORD, COMON!!!!!

SEA SEA SEA SIDERS.
Lets silence the crewe lot lads, YOU'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY AND WERE COMING WITH YA

Only you alone will want to get to Wembley .So its up to each and every one of the team to give it there all .But what ever I wish you all the best UTB:smile:

Remember the last 20 minutes on saturday, you clicked! Play like that and you'll win.

Regardless of how the play-offs pan out, this has been a fantastic season and the turnaround in the club from two years ago has been nothing short of miraculous - our thanks go to Mr. Sturrock for that. But we know you're capable of even more, and we have a great opportunity in getting this club back to League One and at a level where most of you should be plying your trade.

You as players and a team are without doubt the strongest of the four, and if we continue to see performances that we have for the majority of the season, I have no doubts we will be on our way to Wembley to lift that trophy.

Good luck lads, everyone connected with the club is right behind you!!!

Come on you Shrimpers!!!!!!!!!
:happy:

Play naturally like we all know you can! Pass on the floor, play football, get stuck in. We will be the 12th man, but that is little unless the other 11 respond!

UTB

Don't panic. It was too rushed on Saturday. Pass the ball and don't get sucked into lumping it long. If we pass the ball well, like we did early season we will be too much for them. We have the players to turn them over.

DO IT FOR BARRY

npower_league_two_southend_united_vs_stevenage_23_04_11_4968776.jpg

Lads, this year you have been fantastic and it has been a joy to watch you. Now more than ever we need a performance, you can do it! Just think back to the last 20 minutes on Saturday, you clicked and we were unlucky. A performance like that then we will stand a chance. But if we go out then keep your heads held high because you have been fantastic!

Look at Chelsea. No-one expected them to go through against Barcelona. They were against the wind and did it against all odds and if they did, so can we with 90 minutes of good, strong football!

Play up Southend, play up.

"You've got 90 minutes to make a name for yourself; like you've never made before. At least DO SOMETHING! DO! Don't think, don't hope, do! At least you can come off and say 'I did this, I contributed, I played on. At least I did something." (these are borrowed words, see below comments)
Or...
This is yours. Born from the passion. The desire. The motivation. To know for a time such as this you are here. Seize the the day and wake up knowing that you have no excuse, but that you did your bit. The fans, the club, everyone has done their bit, NOW do yours. Up the Blues. Go shrimpers! (this ones mine:)

Despite the strong Aussie accents and background noise, the above speech is found in the following two speeches which are classics in Australian Football folk lore. Both are from Grand-finals, the penultimate game of the Australian Football Calendar.

The first in last quarter given by legendary St.Kilda manager Allen jeans at the 1966 Grand Final. The match, attended by 101,655 spectators, was won by St Kilda by a margin of one point, marking the club's first and only premiership victory to date.
"You've got 25 minutes to make a name for yourself, like you've never made before."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-f2DeYUTuo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The second is from the 1975 Grand-final, delivered by Hawthorne legendary manager John Kennedy at the last quarter. While they lost, the speech born out of frustration is legendary. His exhortation to the Hawthorn players at half time was: "At least DO SOMETHING! DO! Don't think, don't hope, do! At least you can come off and say 'I did this, I shepherded, I played on. At least I did something.'"
They won the following year, finding the motivation from the previous year that of a fellow teammate.
Hawthorn's win was dedicated to former captain Peter Crimmins who was suffering from cancer. Crimmins, 28, sent a telegram which Kennedy read out before the players took the field: "Good luck to you and all the boys. It will be a long, hard, 100 minutes but I am sure you will be there at the end. Regards, Peter Crimmins." Kennedy implored his players to "Do it for the little fella", and later stated that he believed his team was never going to lose. Crimmins' team mates carried the premiership cup to Crimmins' hospital bed on the night of the Grand Final win. He would die three days after the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBTqE2OgMB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player :loyalsupporter:

Last edited:
Watch the Sky presentation, listen to the words of their EXPERTS, go out on Wednesday and ram those opinions right up where the sun dont shine.
COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Freddy to tell you about the L2 Play Off final in Cardiff, let his memories of that help to inspire you, watch the clip......
[video=youtube;UqMUDsoyAzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMUDsoyAzs[/video]

Look around Roots Hall before the match starts, seek out faces, want to do it for every one of those there cheering you on. Know that Saturday was a blip, forget the cameras, forget biased commentators (Beagrie) and forget unjust reffing decisions. Don't get frustrated with each other, Bilel, remember you don't have to do everything. Believe in yourselves as we believe, get out there and fulfil your destinies for us, for yourselves and for Luggy.

You can do this, we know you can.

The way SKY were carrying on you would have thought we were playing Brazil! Crewe this, Crewe that.
We are better than them, just get at them early- good luck boys. :smile:

Back