• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Show class, have pride and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself! :winking:

Remember the words of Tammy Wynette: "sometimes it's hard to be a woman".

You'll be out their playing for a chance to get to Wembley and be in League One next season whereas had chromosones turned out to be different you would have been stuck at home with a pile of ironing.

Now get about your business. No excuses!

Remember the words of Tammy Wynette: "sometimes it's hard to be a woman".

You'll be out their playing for a chance to get to Wembley and be in League One next season whereas had chromosones turned out to be different you would have been stuck at home with a pile of ironing.

Now get about your business. No excuses!

Sometimes it gets hard when your a Ladyboy.

if you score goals, @SZKev is sitting right in front of me, and i can mess his hair up... please score some goals, tis good fun!

As Kevin Hogg has said in the new post he started, we often look back on memorable games. So my message to the players tonight is, make this a memorable game. We have had a miserable few seasons. The fans, the club need this so badly. If you give every last drop that you have tonight and fail, then we can't complain. But doing that is our best chance of going through to Wembley. Be alert at the back. Be confident going forward. We will do our bit tonight. Come on guys, you can do this.

Give it everything and a little bit more - you can win this.
We will all be behind you, this can be SUFC's and your big moment.
Make it a Roots Hall Night to Remember and get Mark Phillips playing the music extra loud pre kick-off in the dressing room banging out the old skool choons ...
[video=youtube;KrVE36z75Po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrVE36z75Po&feature=related[/video]

Come on Southend! This is your moment a chance to be remembered.
[video=youtube_share;WibmcsEGLKo]http://youtu.be/WibmcsEGLKo[/video]

Please please give it everything that you have got - I get to come back to the Uk if we reach the final and am looking forward to A decent curry!

Actually Sturrock should do this style speech before the game
[video=youtube_share;yX39J_YyKbs]http://youtu.be/yX39J_YyKbs[/video]

We may not be a Man Utd or Barcalona, but it's because we're not that these things matter more. You can make yourselves folk heroes tonight by taking us to Wembley for the first time. You have the talent, the ability, the spirit and the fight and we believe in you. Let's do this!

#BlueArmy

I'm recovering from open-heart surgery 4 weeks ago so can't get down for the match tonight but might be fit enough for Wembley if you give me the chance. Ignore the inevitable moaners in the crowd and remember that the rest of us are right behind you.

Last edited:
Lads, please do it for me! I'm having a baby in July and therefore can't renew my season ticket as need to babysit whilst the hubby supports you..... let me go on a high, at Wembley! (if anything, as to say sorry to me for having to come to another couple of games when my nursery needs decorating!!)

Up the Blues!

[video=youtube;WO4tIrjBDkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk[/video]

I don't know what to say really. Three minutes 'til the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time. Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh...I ****ed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is! The 6 inches in front of your face... Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

Back