• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't it be nice if that was true.

Anyway, can anyone remember a goalie called something like Flaharving or Flahevenham who was booked on occasion for time wasting .............:whistling:

Every team does it at times, ive never seen southend do it from the 1st minute to the 90th. Infact come to think of it I think the chelsea liverpool game and the burton game are the only ones ive seen like that.

Am I missing something here or have we suddenly turned into very bitter Wolves fans. That's incredibly embarrassing. We're in this division because over 48 games yet again we were not good enough to go up. Time wasting ? So we wouldn't have done that ourselves if we'd been in the lead ? Utter hogwash. We are not a big club. Reading and Wigan weren't big clubs and arguably still aren't top tier but that's what we need to aspire to once Fossets kicks in and we marry on pitch performance with club expansion. Other clubs reading this forum and especially this thread would be laughing at us. Get over this holier than though rubbish.

The crowd is another thing. I predicted the crowd would be smaller on the Cambridge thread and i was right. However small the towns that's shocking.

Am I missing something here or have we suddenly turned into very bitter Wolves fans. That's incredibly embarrassing. We're in this division because over 48 games yet again we were not good enough to go up. Time wasting ? So we wouldn't have done that ourselves if we'd been in the lead ? Utter hogwash. We are not a big club. Reading and Wigan weren't big clubs and arguably still aren't top tier but that's what we need to aspire to once Fossets kicks in and we marry on pitch performance with club expansion. Other clubs reading this forum and especially this thread would be laughing at us. Get over this holier than though rubbish.

The crowd is another thing. I predicted the crowd would be smaller on the Cambridge thread and i was right. However small the towns that's shocking.

Absolutely this!!!

Amen to this. Last Saturday we played the socks off Burton from about 15 mins to 48 mins, after which Burton came into it more and more and probably deserved a draw. Yes they were time-wasting, WHICH IS WHY THERE WAS 10 MINUTES ADDED-ON TIME! Southend should be a much bigger club given its potential fanbase, so why isn't it?

Come on, let's be magnanimous in defeat and accept that until our team performs on the pitch (and off it with a new ground!), we should keep our mouths shut about other teams.

Except Col U, it's fine to slate them.

Tbh I have a bigger problem with Fleetwood as their owner has bought their way to where they are. If two minnows had defied the odds to get into the play off finals then good luck to them - but Fleetwood have fixed the odds.

SPOT ON We have the potential of Reading ,Brighton etc,but will we ever get there??.Don't begrudge any club/fans outside the Premier league there day

Exactly. The kind of stuff that's been posted since the Burton defeat we'd be taking the absolute **** out of if another team was saying it, it's getting embarrassing. People clearly have short memories, if we had been in the lead we'd have been timewasting just as much, does noone remember the week PB said he hated timewasting and then instructed the team to do it themselves when we went ahead? How about the time we all cheered when our reporter nicked the ball to timewaste? As for the big club mentality weren't we all slagging Ron off when he sacked PS for saying we weren't a league 2 club because if you are league 2 you deserve to be there? Why have we all suddenly decided we are too big for league 2 just because we've had one season of decent football?

Tbh I have a bigger problem with Fleetwood as their owner has bought their way to where they are. If two minnows had defied the odds to get into the play off finals then good luck to them - but Fleetwood have fixed the odds.
Not fixed if it's been done within the rules, again sounds like sour grapes from a shrimper. If Fleetwood have a wealthy backer as opposed to our clown of an owner good luck to them.

If we start moaning at clubs because they get less support than us then we're no better than the premier league fans who think league 1 and 2 are pointless because hardly anyone shows up.

Anyway would like to see Fleetwood win, just because I think Burton will be easier to beat next season.
100% agree. People laughing at the size if the crowd is embarrassing and pathetic. Love the way those posters effectively are saying that the minimum decent Wembley crowd is whatever figure we would get.

Laie-lol%20sept%202010.gif

Well done Fleetwood , can't wait for Burton to return to the hall so we can remind them of this

And they can then remind us why they beat us over 2 legs? For a small team with few fans they've had a cracking season.

At last a really sensible post !
IMO this thread is embarrassing and shows us up.
We have great support in the main and as disappointed as we all are , we should learn to lose with dignity.
To echo another poster , the ref rightly added on the time Burton wasted at our place , so why all the sour grapes ?
I'm really proud of our team this season and for the football Mr Brown has got them playing in many games.
We just fell short , and I'm sure we will give a good account of ourselves again next season , but none of this is due to Burton or their ( small ) loyal band of supporters.

Burton were a horrible little side, and whilst I fully agree with ORM regarding us, it's always nice to see an horrible little side get beaten. The cynical nature of the foul for the match winning free kick was appropriate.

mmmmmmmmmm almost speechless.even though I dislike both clubs,sorry SUFC the only club for me,I dont wish them bad, both sets of supporters have had there day out ,in Burtons case it was the second time ,If SUFC had been good enough we would have been there ,we fell just short.Get over it and lets start thinking about next season,it may well be the most important season ever for SUFC.

Amen to this. Last Saturday we played the socks off Burton from about 15 mins to 48 mins, after which Burton came into it more and more and probably deserved a draw. Yes they were time-wasting, WHICH IS WHY THERE WAS 10 MINUTES ADDED-ON TIME! Southend should be a much bigger club given its potential fanbase, so why isn't it?

Come on, let's be magnanimous in defeat and accept that until our team performs on the pitch (and off it with a new ground!), we should keep our mouths shut about other teams.

Except Col U, it's fine to slate them.

Absolutely spot on.

And if Ron Martin suddenly found the warchest and gave Phil a 3 million pound transfer kitty would you rise up in protest?

Personally its a bit of a farce having only 14k fans inside Wembley, but the size of your crowd doesn't determine where you should finish. Both teams did what they needed to get there and I'm happy Fleetwood beat Burton, who I guess had fewer head injuries after the goal went in...

Not fixed if it's been done within the rules, again sounds like sour grapes from a shrimper. If Fleetwood have a wealthy backer as opposed to our clown of an owner good luck to them.

But I believe that, as with Crawley, it isn't entirely within the rules. I may be wrong, but aren't they allowed to spend over the 55% of turnover on players' wages because they have the money to do so?

Absolutely. The reaction since last Saturday has been embarrassing and the arrogant attitude towards clubs smaller than us is highly hypocritical considering how put out we tend to be whenever we get the same treatment from bigger clubs than us.

Especially when the club has only even been a football league club for a few years.

Col U are the only ones we should talk down about when it comes to amount of supporters.

Are you being serious?, most of football banter is about other teams, although I do note we can slate Col U.

Except Col U, it's fine to slate them

Back