• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I know it's a bit early, but wondered what people's thoughts are in the build up to this one.

It would be great to have a cup run. Millwall will prove tough opposition on their own patch.

Will Phil Brown tinker with the team or will he play his strongest side to give us the best chance of a win?

I'm not sure how well attended this match will be. Tickets prices seem steep at £20. Also a Friday night match makes it less attractive.

Be nice to 800+ make the short journey to sarf London.

I know it's a bit early, but wondered what people's thoughts are in the build up to this one.

It would be great to have a cup run. Millwall will prove tough opposition on their own patch.

Will Phil Brown tinker with the team or will he play his strongest side to give us the best chance of a win?

I'm not sure how well attended this match will be. Tickets prices seem steep at £20. Also a Friday night match makes it less attractive.

Be nice to 800+ make the short journey to sarf London.

Millwall's 1st round game last season home to AFC Fylde attendance 3,445 not sure how many away fans. 2nd round was home to Wycombe 3,960 with 658 away fans.

So they will probably have about 3,500 and us maybe 500. Sadly people are not interested in the early rounds of the FA cup anymore.

Sadly people are not interested in the early rounds of the FA cup anymore.
Well I'm going as I love the FA cup, especially the early rounds were all sorts of results are likely .....would have like a lesser team but that's the beauty of the cup......and with millwall, we are just as likely to lose three zip as we are likely to win...

Half day, finish at 12 in London, straight on the beer who couldn't love the FA cup!
I highly doubt we will change the side except for a fit Ranger to return if possible!
2-0 win, SMcG and Cox with the goal! 5000 with 700 sufc fans

Anyone know if the trains are running to South Bermondsey from London Bridge and back again in view of the planned strike action on Southern railways!

Anyone know if the trains are running to South Bermondsey from London Bridge and back again in view of the planned strike action on Southern railways!
Southern Rail have said the timetable for Friday will be on National Rail Enquiries on Wednesday. Whenever there are problems on Southern (all the time) it's the London Bridge trains that get hit first. Should have an idea of what they think will run tomorrow.

Looking forward to this one, having convinced the missus that our son will be safe if we travel by coach.
I fancy an unchanged Southend side to bag a draw with us going on to win the replay.

Try saying that to fans of Eastleigh, Alfreton, Stamford et al........................
Yep I'm sure the fans that go still love it, me included. It's just in days gone by and not even that long ago a first round crowd would at most clubs be well above their average home league crowd.
That still applies to non-league clubs but even those crowds are nothing like they used to be.
Looking at the 1st round fixtures there are going to be some very low crowds.

Looking forward to this one, having convinced the missus that our son will be safe if we travel by coach.
I fancy an unchanged Southend side to bag a draw with us going on to win the replay.
We'll be on the coach for this too, hubby's taking the evening off work!

Not sure about unleashing the Millwall fan just yet, but it will be 'interesting' if Ranger does feature on Friday, as the Lions I know are gunning for him.......

I'd take the FA cup seriously and play our strongest team. There's the Mickey Mouse cup on Tuesday against Stevenage to rest players and give players a chance to impress.

Half day and heading to London Bridge pubs for 2ish. Would love an FA cup run this year, but Millwall away is a hard 1st round draw.

Back