• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Mildenhall - Swindon?

EastStandBlue

Life President
Swindon fans on another board I look at from time to time are extremely confident they'll be signing Mildenhall in the near future... Some even intimating that a transfer request will be imminent.

Personally, I can't see it... Seems settled here and in the number 1 jersey, Why would he want to move? I know Swindon are his home town club, and I fully expect them to do better next season than they have this one.

Two years left on his contract so unlikely.

That said Kristof did tell me this before the last home game of the season.

Can't see it happening myself. OK its his home team but he seems settled here now and after a shaky start has established himself as number 1 and has a great bit of banter with the fans.

And he was let go from there after only a few appearances when previously at the County Ground

Well if he is i reckon we should go after Adam Federici. Reading have a decent young keeper whose been on loan in goal for Brentford all season called Ben Hamner, so Federici could lose out to him and become 3rd choice and he'll probably want 1st team footy and might be off.

Well if he is i reckon we should go after Adam Federici. Reading have a decent young keeper whose been on loan in goal for Brentford all season called Ben Hamner, so Federici could lose out to him and become 3rd choice and he'll probably want 1st team footy and might be off.

Wishful thinking! He's far too good for us and even if he weren't likely to go to many clubs above us in the football pyramid (he's definitely good Championship quality), there's no chance we'd be able to match his wages.

I did start this a month or so ago. Tis only a few posters on Footballforums.net but you never know. He was there before, didnt want to leave and no one can say for sure if he is settled down here unless they are a close personal friend or family member.

He was sitting on our table at the Ball and when the subject was broached two thirds of the way through the evening, he said how much he liked playing at Southend and how the 3 keepers and their families had struck up a really good tight friendship. His wife also told me of her career with in the Health service and how committed she was to the role that she was currently in.

The impression he gave was that he had no intention of moving, although he did talk about Swindon a fair bit which made me feel his heart was still there. He did also mention a goal he scored at Notts County, although i was that wasted by then, I could have imagined it.

Both Mildy and his wife are very settled, we talked about this at the EOS dinner and he knew nothing about it, except from people ringing and asking after hearing rumours. Mrs M has a job she likes near where they live, and they also have a nice place - don't know if it's rented or not but it is a new build.

They're going out to the States to stay with the Joyces next week - we could always get Sam to ask his mate and find out!

The thing i thought of is Swindon are pretty skint most of the time, and as Mildy is under contract for the next two years, if we dont want to sell we dont have to. They are going to have to sell Cox to raise any funds, and to be honest unless they do a good job of replacing his 25+ goals, they are headed for league 2

Mildy aint going anywhere he just loves his song he wont get that at swindon, been to most away games this season and all home games, when the mildy song explodes you can just see it all ova his face he loves it and sufc.

This was mentioned a few weeks ago and I can't see it.

Its nice to have players linked with other Clubs because it means they must be doing something right with us.

I think he will stay. Tilson is very happy with Mildenhall as goalkeeper and even came out and defended him eariler on in the season. His form since his injury has been very impressive and is exactly the type of dominant goalkeeper we have been searching for.

Hahnemann was released by Reading today so maybe Federici will be their number 1 goalie next season.

Sorry Ulysses but thats ridiculous.

Feds' will be Reading's number 1 goalkeeper next season in my opinion. He had an extended spell in the Reading side when Hahnemann was injured and even kept him out of the team for a spell when he was fit again.

Mildy aint going anywhere he just loves his song he wont get that at swindon, been to most away games this season and all home games, when the mildy song explodes you can just see it all ova his face he loves it and sufc.
I bet he really loved it at the start of the season when the fans were calling him a useless ****.

Would be a shame.... i must admit at the start of the season i was'nt Stevies biggest fan but since Adam came in on load its really gave Steve a kick up the backside and id go as far as saying he was one of the better players for us this season... he has the number 1 shirt on hes back and Tilly and Brush have faith in him.... i cant see him going but if he does, a real loss.

Back