• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildy will be a weak link this year!

Is Mildy a weak link?

• Total voters
Thought you might rear your ugly head wiggy, just remember we were playing a premiership side who we outplayed for quite an amount of the second half, but then you probabblly were no where near hull last night.You really should have been, none of the team DISGRACED us and i am proud to be a southend united supporter.
Just gotta add this if Flavs had been in goal would have been an absolute rout for hull.
Final note well done to the sufc suppoprters who made more noise than the hull supporters for most of the game/ Were you there wiggy?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm used to it Grays. It takes most of the rose tinted mob on here at least 5 months to see what people with a football brain see in 3 weeks as with the Sankofa/Francis argument, where are they now? Mildy is not a good keeper for his size and his lack of commitment and agility is worrying but theyv'e all got there wish with a tall bloke that can't get down, laughable!

Show me one thread you started where you praised a player/ the team/ our management. After we won.
Life must be hellish under the Tilson regime, where we win so many games Wiggo.

people with a football brain see in 3 weeks as with the Sankofa/Francis argument,

Oh no! You mean yourself don't you, the funniest thing I have heard in ages.

Thought you had been quiet but then you have not had too much to moan about. Assume you'll be back with a vengeance when we lose along with your sharp hindsight.

Oh no! You mean yourself don't you, the funniest thing I have heard in ages.

Thought you had been quiet but then you have not had too much to moan about. Assume you'll be back with a vengeance when we lose along with your sharp hindsight.

Don't worry this is the person whose football brain assured the breathless masses of SZ that Nicky Bailey couldn't pass water.

When wiggy is :net: the best policy is to ignore him/her/it.

We have an ok keeper, we need to focus on strengthening our defence to be 1) ours and 2) at least L1 "ok". Then let's whinge about how Mildenhall lacks the shot stopping of Van De Sar and the goal scoring prowess of Federici.

Don't worry this is the person whose football brain assured the breathless masses of SZ that Nicky Bailey couldn't pass water.

You conveniently forgot the Flavs is better than Collis, Francis is better than Sankofa, Revell will score bugger all, Emberson is ****, .....need i go on and you and Tilson couldn't see any of it coming!

Started off poor as expected without Dorian's protection. Poor positionally, lacks conviction and bottle and very slow getting down. Joyce probably not much better but already the cracks in his game are showing and fancy we would have a few more points already with a proper keeper. Slag me off all you like but are you seriously happy with him between the sticks?

i agree a little with this, we was saying this last night as he does seem to let in some very weak goals so far ...Stevenage,Walsall and 2 at Hull last night..but on the other hand he has pulled off some great saves and he will continue to but can we afford a goal a game from him??????

I'm used to it Grays. It takes most of the rose tinted mob on here at least 5 months to see what people with a football brain see in 3 weeks as with the Sankofa/Francis argument, where are they now? Mildy is not a good keeper for his size and his lack of commitment and agility is worrying but theyv'e all got there wish with a tall bloke that can't get down, laughable!

agree and love it :)

Thought you might rear your ugly head wiggy, just remember we were playing a premiership side who we outplayed for quite an amount of the second half, but then you probabblly were no where near hull last night.You really should have been, none of the team DISGRACED us and i am proud to be a southend united supporter.
Just gotta add this if Flavs had been in goal would have been an absolute rout for hull.
Final note well done to the sufc suppoprters who made more noise than the hull supporters for most of the game/ Were you there wiggy?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Agree, but if the 1st and 2nd didnt find the back of the net due to weak goalkeepering (1st one very poor postion) we could of got something from it....also i dont recall Wiggy saying he had a poor game last night, Wigy was just passing a view that he could be a weak link

why not take your own advise

Mildy is great, hasn't quite got Flavs' bum but hey, no-one is perfect! Both had great rapport with the fans, both have weaknesses and strengths. It's all swings and roundabouts isn't it? I think Mildy is more than adequate for where we are, he just needs some consistency in front of him.

Well, I was one of those who sided with Sankofa last season and I stand by that judgment because Francis went through an utterly appalling spell and even he admitted in a Blues World interview - and fair play to him - that he needed time out of the side to regain focus as, in his own words, he'd gone "stale". Sankofa is no world-beater but he did his job quietly in the same way Lewis Hunt did and we regained some solidarity down that side as a result.

I've been really impressed by Francis so far this season, however. Like McCormack, who had a similarly poor campaign last time around but is back to his best form, Franno looks fully focused and is showing signs he can combine his undoubted talents going forward with some good old-fashioned defending for a change.

Going back on topic to Mildy, I don't think anyone is claiming he's perfect but he's certainly up there with the best in this division in terms of his general command of the area, and he's rarely been truly culpable for a goal.

I take your point about him not being able to get down quickly but you have to remember that he's, what, six-foot-five? Of course he's not going to get down as quickly as some!

On the plus side, of course, Mildy's height allows him to reach shots a smaller 'keeper wouldn't get near, and it also gives him an advantage when spreading himself in a one-on-one situation, in which he's often come out on top in a way that Darryl rarely did. His reflexes aren't too shabby either if his stunning close-range stops against Chelsea and MK Dons are anything to go by.

I'm intrigued by your assertion that he's a poser, by the way. Why do you think that?

Last edited:
You conveniently forgot the Flavs is better than Collis, Francis is better than Sankofa, Revell will score bugger all, Emberson is ****, .....need i go on and you and Tilson couldn't see any of it coming!

WIGGY FLAVS IS GONE !!

oh and

ELVIS IS DEAD !

and Tilson is the best manager we have ever had - fact (not opinion).

Well, I was one of those who sided with Sankofa last season and I stand by that judgment because Francis went through an utterly appalling spell and even he admitted in a Blues World interview - and fair play to him - that he needed time out of the side to regain focus as, in his own words, he'd gone "stale". Sankofa is no world-beater but he did his job quietly in the same way Lewis Hunt did and we regained some solidarity down that side as a result.

I've been really impressed by Francis so far this season, however. Like McCormack, who had a similarly poor campaign last time around but is back to his best form, Franno looks fully focused and is showing signs he can combine his undoubted talents going forward with some good old-fashioned defending for a change.

Going back on topic to Mildy, I don't think anyone is claiming he's perfect but he's certainly up there with the best in this division in terms of his general command of the area, and he's rarely been truly culpable for a goal.

I take your point about him not being able to get down quickly but you have to remember that he's, what, six-foot-five? Of course he's not going to get down as quickly as some!

On the plus side, of course, Mildy's height allows him to reach shots a smaller 'keeper wouldn't get near, and it also gives him an advantage when spreading himself in a one-on-one situation, in which he's often come out on top in a way that Darryl rarely did. His reflexes aren't too shabby either if his stunning close-range stops against Chelsea and MK Dons are anything to go by.

I'm intrigued by your assertion that he's a poser, by the way. Why do you think that?

An excellent post, Kris - Mildy made an excellent one-on-one save in the previous round at Cheltenham where he had to get down pretty damn sprightly. I don't think any of those three goals at Hull were quite so clear-cut as his fault having looked at them last night. The second was one he'd have probably reflected adversely on later, but it was a well struck shot inside the post and he had defenders in his line of vision. With the first, he was between the devil and the deep blue sea - it was actually a very good goal and though he was off his line keepers are taught to come off it in order to narrow the angle. The third one was a wayward bobble which seemed to deflect off someone on the way in - though it looked soft it was really difficult to see where it was going to go.

Wiggy - I too liked Darryl a lot. He was a great shot stoppper, but towards the end he was a real liability at corners and was looking even smaller once he'd lost his confidence.

Wiggy, you've been posting on this board since 2003, so I can comfortably assume you're at least 6 years old.
So you should be able to understand this.

FLAHAVAN HAS GONE. GET OVER IT.

Come on Wiggy, speaking as a major Flavs supporter myself, you have to accept he's gone and his career isn't exactly progressing. Mildy is our no. 1 keeper now, he does the job well, give him a break.

Back