• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
No, I’m not talking about his run and cross for the goal, nor his brilliantly taken penalty. I’m talking about what he did after the last penalty whilst the rest of the squad were celebrating.

He went over to commiserate with Sam Wood, who had missed the decisive penalty. To me that showed a real touch of class.

Well done that man.

Myles Weston put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Southend player back in March (from the bench, Burton away).

His transformation was incredible and he deserves a lot of credit because he was an important player for us in the playoffs (and Bury away, where he single-handedly wasted a good 5 mins with skills in the corner flag).

Says a lot about his work ethic and attitude, and nice to hear that he did that after the pen shootout.

Last edited:
He's our very own SuperSub. When we go a bit deflated up front, he comes on and injects that much needed pace. He takes defenders on, and can get around the back of them. We all know it then goes pear shaped as his crossing is poor and he normally can't hit a barn door, that's why he isn't starting many games.
But at least he did the business when it really mattered, on the biggest stage.

He wasn't comforting him, he went over and said 'You aint half ****ed this up, you were 20 seconds from promotion and you ballsed it, you were ahead in the shootout and you ballsed it, take a look at what you've done to Joe Jacobson, little lad who thought he was a big man can't stop crying now"

I too believe he was mocking him !
I am not or ever have been a great fan of that gorgeous hunk of man love that is Sir Weston but that cross and his penalty will mean I will not hear a bad word against him from now on. He combined to give me the single most memorable moment of my life (Sorry Wifey & Kids & Benjy)
So he hasn't set Div 2 alight but when we were down on our knees in desperation he mounted his trusty steed and galloped down the wing to deliver the perfect cross for dearly departed BBBC to feed the :pig:. The fact that I will never feel that emotion again is saddening but I will forever be indebted to Payne for the tracking back and tackle, Weston for the above contribution and BBBC for his header down, the :pig: for his control and finish and lastly all those lucky people that I don't know that I kissed and hugged in the aftermath.

Arise Sir Weston

They played together at Brentford for 3 years, so maybe more of courtesy than anything else.

Love the man, since Burton away his sub performances changed games, Exeter away would have ended 0-0 if it wasn't for him.

He certainly showed his value at times when coming on later in games.

To pick the ball up where he did on the half way line with two defenders in front of him and to get the ball in like he did was quality.

I was pretty deflated when he went up for his penalty as you could just see the boo boys favourite messing it up, but he converted that too.

He certainly showed his value at times when coming on later in games.

To pick the ball up where he did on the half way line with two defenders in front of him and to get the ball in like he did was quality.

I was pretty deflated when he went up for his penalty as you could just see the boo boys favourite messing it up, but he converted that too.

I agree , from where he was he did brilliantly.
Given that many get on his back , he could easily have taken the easy way out and given it back to Payne.
I would however add that the first guy he faced made probably the least effort to close down / tackle / put off * ( delete as applicable ) that I've seen for a long time.
Guess he was tired , but still a poor effort given the time remaining.

Given that many get on his back , he could easily have taken the easy way out and given it back to Payne.
I would however add that the first guy he faced made probably the least effort to close down / tackle / put off * ( delete as applicable ) that I've seen for a long time.
Guess he was tired ,
but still a poor effort given the time remaining.

He pulled up with an injury.

I too believe he was mocking him !
I am not or ever have been a great fan of that gorgeous hunk of man love that is Sir Weston but that cross and his penalty will mean I will not hear a bad word against him from now on. He combined to give me the single most memorable moment of my life (Sorry Wifey & Kids & Benjy)
So he hasn't set Div 2 alight but when we were down on our knees in desperation he mounted his trusty steed and galloped down the wing to deliver the perfect cross for dearly departed BBBC to feed the :pig:. The fact that I will never feel that emotion again is saddening but I will forever be indebted to Payne for the tracking back and tackle, Weston for the above contribution and BBBC for his header down, the :pig: for his control and finish and lastly all those lucky people that I don't know that I kissed and hugged in the aftermath.

Arise Sir Weston

oh, it was you was it.....pervert

:smile:

Guess he was tired , but still a poor effort given the time remaining.

He pulled up with an injury.

He'd done his hamstring but WW had used all their subs, so he had to stay on. It was when Myles realised that, that he set off on his run (and I stopped screaming at him to take it down the line). My favourite bit of crowd advice in that game, by the way, is from Howard Bloom's youtube video of the goal where a sage female voice tells Weston to "JUST GET IT IN THE MIDDLE!"

I would at this point link to that amazing video so you could hear for yourself, but I'm sure you have watched it enough by now.

Have you hell! :smile:

[video=youtube;U922RxB0s20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U922RxB0s20[/video]

Haha my favourite moment is the female scream at 32 seconds. I know people were excited but it sounds like she's being ripped in half by godzilla!

oh, it was you was it.....pervert

:smile:
Many of us at the moment that Piggot scored crossed the line and kissed all those around us , men women kids,

I apologise to all of those who had the misfortune to see my midriff bouncing up and down , Im truly sorry

He'd done his hamstring but WW had used all their subs, so he had to stay on. It was when Myles realised that, that he set off on his run (and I stopped screaming at him to take it down the line). My favourite bit of crowd advice in that game, by the way, is from Howard Bloom's youtube video of the goal where a sage female voice tells Weston to "JUST GET IT IN THE MIDDLE!"

I would at this point link to that amazing video so you could hear for yourself, but I'm sure you have watched it enough by now.

I will never ever tire of this ..............I waited 38 seasons , and if I don't ever get another one in the next 38 years , I will get to the Gates of St Peter, and he will look at me, and say , over there with all the other Shrimpers , you've earn't a special place for all the noise you made on that fateful day

I will never get bored of watching this! Absolute headloss, people hugging people they don't even know. Magical!

My 12 year old son who was there and goes to most home games cannot understand why I keep watching all the videos available. What does he know. Wembley twice. Drawing at Chelsea. Btg man utd etc. No big thing to him. Damon the youth of today

Booty sooty

Back