• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Miliband:Too little done to integrate UK society

personally I think too much effort goes into 'intergration' People are different, get over it, I quite like the fact that we have so many different cultures/religions/races knocking around makes life interesting. I have no desire to get involved in the local muslim community so why is it an issue if they dont want too much involvement in my goings on. As long as we all abide by the law of the land then whats the big deal.
:clap: well said Lee.

Sorry but I'm so cynical when any politician now opens their mouth. I remember Margaret Hodge the labour MP for Barking harking on about being swamped by Immigrants when it looked like the BNP where going to make gains in her constituency.
Without doubt immigration went off the scale under Tony Blair, whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.
For what it's worth mind try to remember that many Jam Rolls flew Spits and Hurricanes and died defending this country, they have a work ethic and are here to better themselves and their families - they try to intricate and they don't want us to live under any medieval law and most importantly, ban alcohol !!!

Which is exactly the problem for me, too many don't. They're happy to take our benefits but also happy to fleece the system.

OBL, you live in Benfleet. Everyone in Benfleet is white British. The only ethnic minorities you know are the ones you see on TV and read about in the daily mail.

How many more times do I have to ask you to change your newspaper?

OBL, you live in Benfleet. Everyone in Benfleet is white British. The only ethnic minorities you know are the ones you see on TV and read about in the daily mail.

How many more times do I have to ask you to change your newspaper?
For someone who was married for almost 20 years to a man with a Malaysian mother, and being accepted in that mother's family, and also for the fact that I am (I guess) step grandmother to a child whose father is most definitely not white British, I think you will have to accept that you are totally WRONG in your presumptions.

And as a school employee, I can assure you that everyone in Benfleet is NOT white British. I suggest you stop making sweeping statements about things based on conjecture and with absolutely sweet FA to back them up!

For someone who was married for almost 20 years to a man with a Malaysian mother, and being accepted in that mother's family, and also for the fact that I am (I guess) step grandmother to a child whose father is most definitely not white British, I think you will have to accept that you are totally WRONG in your presumptions.

And as a school employee, I can assure you that everyone in Benfleet is NOT white British. I suggest you stop making sweeping statements about things based on conjecture and with absolutely sweet FA to back them up!

The White British Population in Benfleet is 96.7-97.7%. My point is that where you live you come into contact with so few ethnic minorities that it is hard to see how you reach the point where you say:

'Which is exactly the problem for me, too many don't. They're happy to take our benefits but also happy to fleece the system'.

There is an low statistical probability that you know a single Muslim and the probability that you know a Muslim who is either claiming benefits or has engaged in criminal activity is a extremely remote.

Given this data I can accurately predict that there is a 98.4326% chance that your views on Muslims come directly from the Daily Mail.

Here are the figures for the whole of Castle Point according to the ONS

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/interactive/census-map-2-1---ethnicity/index.html

Castle Point

White (%) 96.9
Mixed / Multiple Ethnic Groups (%) 1
Asian / Asian British (%) 1.1
Black /African / Caribbean/ Black British (%) 0.3
Other Ethnic Group (%)

The only ethnic minorities you know are the ones you see on TV and read about in the daily mail.
You haven't responded to the fact that I disproved your above - and deeply patronising - comment. My views are my views, not based on anything I have read or seen. I disapprove of injustice, I don't care if it's whites, blacks, travellers, Muslims, Inuit or Native Americans. If anyone is defrauding our welfare system then I object. I have paid taxes all my life and I don't agree with people "milking" the system - is that easy enough for you to understand, applelover?

You haven't responded to the fact that I disproved your above - and deeply patronising - comment. My views are my views, not based on anything I have read or seen. I disapprove of injustice, I don't care if it's whites, blacks, travellers, Muslims, Inuit or Native Americans. If anyone is defrauding our welfare system then I object. I have paid taxes all my life and I don't agree with people "milking" the system - is that easy enough for you to understand, applelover?

What experience are your views based upon?

Do your views on Christian white European's come from WWI, WWII, the cold war, the Irish troubles, etc etc

No, but my views on Krauts, commies and Micks are shaped by these events. I don't recall any of the protagonists in the disputes that you mention fighting specifically in the name of their religion. It's arguable that you could lump the IRA in with the Islamists, but I would venture that theirs was more of a nationalist grievance. I admire your steadfastness in defending the indefensible, ie the political project that is Islam. I'm sure that you will be able to reason with the boys if you ever found yourself kneeling in front of them in an orange jumpsuit.

My views on Muslims come direct from Ground Zero, the Madrid Train Lines and the London Underground network.

And by that warped logic, every American just wants to shoot people in schools:

The Bath School Disaster of 1927
Virginia Tech – 2007
Sandy Hook Elementary - 2012
University of Texas Massacre – 1966
Columbine – 1999
Red Lake Senior High Massacre – 2005
Oikos University Shooting – 2012
California State University Shooting At Fullerton – 1976
Amish School shooting – 2006
Northern Illinois University - 2008

And by that warped logic, every American just wants to shoot people in schools:

The Bath School Disaster of 1927
Virginia Tech – 2007
Sandy Hook Elementary - 2012
University of Texas Massacre – 1966
Columbine – 1999
Red Lake Senior High Massacre – 2005
Oikos University Shooting – 2012
California State University Shooting At Fullerton – 1976
Amish School shooting – 2006
Northern Illinois University - 2008

Were any of those shootings motivated by religion? Or just random nutters? Mix school shooting with Islamism, and the body count gets higher (see Beslan).

Were any of those shootings motivated by religion? Or just random nutters? Mix school shooting with Islamism, and the body count gets higher (see Beslan).

Clearly you miss the point, you tar all Muslims with the brush with the brush of 9/11 but do not accept that when Americans kill each other for no apparent reason that there is something wrong.

Last edited:
Clearly you miss the point, you tar all Muslims with the brush with the brush of 9/11 but do not accept that when Americans kill each other for no apparent that there is something wrong.

No, I haven't missed your point at all. There is a difference between acts of terror that are motivated by religious dogma and those motivated by too many food additives.

Clearly you miss the point, you tar all Muslims with the brush with the brush of 9/11 but do not accept that when Americans kill each other for no apparent that there is something wrong.

No, I haven't missed your point at all. There is a difference between acts of terror that are motivated by religious dogma and those motivated by too many food additives.

So it is okay to kill people so long as it is not fueled by religous dogma. I see.

What experience are your views based upon?

Did you miss the fact that I said I was married for nearly 20 years to a man whose father was white British and mother was Malaysian? Did you also miss the fact that I have a step grand-daughter who is beautiful, and whose father is black?

Back