• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Minor blip...

Jonny_Stokes

Sir Jonny Of Promotionshire
What's going wrong with Sarfend then? Minor blip? More concerned with consolidation? Or just maybe not quite good enough to make it up this year?

feck knows mate. Guttridge got injured and personally I think that's made a difference to our midfield. Plus Freddy is being man-marked out of the game
sad.gif

To be honest, I feel that our position after the opening 13 games - while totally deserved - did flatter the squad somewhat. Just as the last 6 games have seen us performing way below what we're capable of and made us look a far worse side than we really are. Don't know why - Maher not performing, Barrett/Freddy struggling to adjust and Gutts/Flavs missing a few games are key factors. In answer to your question then, it's a blip and no, we're probably not quite good enough to go up this season. I'd like to think that none of the players are merely looking for the magic 52 points though.

As we are in a blip, and one will should come out of soon, and still sit third in the table shouldn't we be laughing?

Ah the realists vs. the optimists.
biggrin.gif
We're having this one too - 12 or so games unbeaten in the league and still we're not convincing anyone!
sad.gif

Just a blip, that's all. But I still don't think we're good enough to go up yet... a few signings in the January transfer window might see us pick up a bit!

i think mid table is going to be more realistic - unless of course Tilly does some magic in the transfer market come January. We are far too weak at the back, hardly look like keeping clean sheets

I think we have a good squad who are all pretty young and inexperienced. Midtable ths year would be a great result as we could build for next year, with the youngsters gaining experience. After all, most of the team already know what it is like to lose out on promotion and gain promotion in the same season. a bit of League 1 experience under their belts and they should come good next year. I think we will see the best of players like JCR and Mitchell Cole next year, after a years experience. Also, if Lawson keeps improving then we will have a talent on our hands there.

Not good enough to go up this season??

Why on earth not? Have you actually seen a better team this season play than us? I havent, OK Swansea were worthy winners against us, but that was Lee Trundle inspired, as for the rest of the dross in this division, I can honestly say that there hasnt been one game this season, and ive seen every game bar one, where we played a team who were just too good for us.

The three defeats in a row are because of our performances, not the oppositions, and any team that can win 8 games on the bounce have to be good enough to contend for promotion.

Can you honestly name me 6 teams in this league that are capable of finishing above us? I cant.

And if we finish top six this season, which in my mind there aree no reasons why we shouldnt, then that will be fine.

I hate this mid table mentality that people to seem to have, in that mid table would be a great achievement because we only came up last season. It doesnt matter that we only came up last season, if were good enough now, which I think we are, then whats the problem?

Gaining promotion last season is not an excuse for getting to the top of the league, and then putting in three bad performances, they are what they are, just bad performances.

It also doesnt usually follow that teams spend a season gettig used to this league, and then the following season getting promoted, unless you have the money to continue spending.

We are where we are on merit, and assuming our squad is not decimated through injury. there is no reason whatsoever that we cant be in the shake up come May

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 29 2005,12:48)]Not good enough to go up this season??

Why on earth not?  Have you actually seen a better team this season play than us?  I havent, OK Swansea were worthy winners against us, but that was Lee Trundle inspired, as for the rest of the dross in this division, I can honestly say that there hasnt been one game this season, and ive seen every game bar one, where we played a team who were just too good for us.
Spot on.

Even Swansea were not better than us - the difference between the sides was our inept defending against Trundle (possibly because Barrett had been booked for a nothing challenge and thereafter had to be a bit careful) and us missing chances.

If the players believe in themselves, and with a bit of luck (injuries etc), there's no reason why we can't at least make the play-offs.

Back