• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mitchell Cole

Winkle

Manager
Was it just me or did anyone else felt that at the game on saturday some supporters started groaning when a few of his crosses never came off, and when he took one of the corners and it never got up in the air I felt people where baying for blood! I just cant understand what people expect of the lad, he was playing his first senior game and to hear so called supporters getting on his back was dissapointing. I for one saw enough at the game to convince me he could become a very good player, I just hope supporters give him a chance to prove how good he is and not get on his back, we dont want to go down the same road as stephen clark!!!!

I thought he was getting an unneccesary amount of stick. Stuff like 'you're sh*t Cole'. It was his first ever start in the league, I agree people should give him a break.

I feel this so called 'fans' should give the boy a chance. He has just jumped up two divisons and from what I have seen of him pre-season and flashes of on Saturday I am assured that Tilly has find himself a little gem. Long Live King Cole.
biggrin.gif

I groaned when Cole's crosses didn't come off. I grumbled when Jupp messed up the attempted interception that lead to the 2nd goal. I moaned when Guttridge kept being dragged inside and leaving our right flank exposed. Not because I think they are crap but because I always expect perfection from my team and the players in it. But I certainly didn't barrack or shout at them or any of the team/management/owners even though we were collectively p%&s-poor in the 1st half and only marginally better 2nd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 09 2005,12:07)]I thought he was getting an unneccesary amount of stick. Stuff like 'you're sh*t Cole'. It was his first ever start in the league, I agree people should give him a break.
I never fail to be amazed and disappointed at the monstrous stupidity of one or two so-called fans.

I would really love to see them justify their criticisms of a 19-year old kid on his professional debut - especially when, at times, he seemed to be our main attacking outlet.

F***ing morons.

mad.gif

Yes I groaned about Coles crosses, especially in the first half. Call it being picky, but I would expect a professional footballer to be able to kick it in the air!

From my spot in the East there was no abuse of the players whatsoever. Obvious groans when thinks did not go right, but more out of frustration i am sure. Do these people honestly think the players deliberately play badly or play a bad ball? I would bet the players get equally fed up when things do not go as planned.

A comment of you are s**t is not very helpful or constructive to anyone and i would have been thoroughly peed off if i had heard it.

It is a fact that we do have a few gormless, mindless, half witted pillocks that should not be allowed out of their nice padded rooms. Unfortunately they seem to appear on match days.

Should be slightly better next week, the premier$hite starts.

I can still vividly recall the comments to Conlon from some wag in his first game for us. How old was he. Oh yes 19. It was the classic, "why don't you $%&* off back to Man City , Conlon you c%&t".

These comments are usually said by a brain dead (obviously) fat ******* who couldn't run for a bus if his life depended on it and couldn't kick his cat let alone a football. They are the scum of the earth.

It does make you wonder why this people pay money to watch their team just to criticise the players. Do they really feel like they do it on purpose? I know when I used to play if I heard criticisming from the crows it would either make me try to hard to impress and completely balls it up or make me feel worse and make me feel that I couldn't do a job for the team. We should be supporting these players - thats why we are called supporters!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Aug. 09 2005,12:38)]Yes I groaned about Coles crosses, especially in the first half. Call it being picky, but I would expect a professional footballer to be able to kick it in the air!
I'd like to know how perfect you were as a teenager on your first (proper) day at work...

glare.gif
down.gif

I'm torn between the right to voice your opinion having paid your money and the constructiveness of shouting abuse at players that have $%&*ed up.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the crowd heaved a collective and audible groan when Jupp made the error for the second goal. That, to me, seems an entirely instinctive reaction.

The verbal tirade needs some degree of pre-thought and I'm sure is done more to 'impress' everyone around the perpetrator who, for the most part will regard the prat with the contempt he deserves.

The worst offenders are those that so obviously look at the teamsheet hoping xyz is playing so they can abuse them at every opportunity. The West has its resident Maher abuser for this very purpose and had/has any number of Tes, Drewe, Jupp, Che, Gray abusers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 09 2005,13:37)]I'm torn between the right to voice your opinion having paid your money and the constructiveness of shouting abuse at players that have $%&*ed up.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the crowd heaved a collective and audible groan when Jupp made the error for the second goal. That, to me, seems an entirely instinctive reaction.

The verbal tirade needs some degree of pre-thought and I'm sure is done more to 'impress' everyone around the perpetrator who, for the most part will regard the prat with the contempt he deserves.

The worst offenders are those that so obviously look at the teamsheet hoping xyz is playing so they can abuse them at every opportunity. The West has its resident Maher abuser for this very purpose and had/has any number of Tes, Drewe, Jupp, Che, Gray abusers.
of course the groaning will occur. When we are in a good position to score and it goes wrong of course the natural reaction is to groan. or in jupps case (these things happen) when he made the error we all wanted to slap him but you have to remember these players week in, week out play 110% for us and they will feel even worse for not just letting themselves down, but the team, Tilly and the fans. And players learn from their mistakes and chances are Jupp will not make the same mistake again (well at least I hope not).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 09 2005,13:37)]I'm torn between the right to voice your opinion having paid your money and the constructiveness of shouting abuse at players that have $%&*ed up.

Of course people have a right to moan and groan (within reason)..

as regards Jupp's ****-up on saturday - he isnt a teenager making his league debut - I'd suggest that differing levels of understanding should be applied to Cole and Jupp on that occasion.

rock.gif

Maher of course is fair game at any time - and he was pants (and a particularly skanky pair at that) on Saturday too...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Aug. 09 2005,13:19)]It does make you wonder why this people pay money to watch their team just to criticise the players. Do they really feel like they do it on purpose? I know when I used to play if I heard criticisming from the crows it would either make me try to hard to impress and completely balls it up or make me feel worse and make me feel that I couldn't do a job for the team. We should be supporting these players - thats why we are called supporters!
Sadly, I think you answer your own question in the first line as these people seem to pay their money simply so they can berate people and tell them how $%&*e they are. It says a lot about them that that's how they get their sense of importance. They may be fans, but they're sure not supporters!

The only way to deal with them is to treat them to their own medicine.

What sort of ball was that Jupp?
"What sort of $%&* comment was that nob-head!?"

Why don't you **** off back to (team-name) Cole?
"Why don't you $%&* off back to your home, dick-head!"

Try jumping next time Darryl
"Try jumping off a building yourself"

.... I'm sure you get the idea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 09 2005,14:53)]I'd suggest that differing levels of understanding should be applied to Cole and Jupp on that occasion.
Aren't you asking for a little too much of the brain dead abusives in the ground?

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yoda @ Aug. 09 2005,13:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Aug. 09 2005,13:19)]It does make you wonder why this people pay money to watch their team just to criticise the players. Do they really feel like they do it on purpose? I know when I used to play if I heard criticisming from the crows it would either make me try to hard to impress and completely balls it up or make me feel worse and make me feel that I couldn't do a job for the team. We should be supporting these players - thats why we are called supporters!
Sadly, I think you answer your own question in the first line as these people seem to pay their money simply so they can berate people and tell them how $%&*e they are. It says a lot about them that that's how they get their sense of importance. They may be fans, but they're sure not supporters!

The only way to deal with them is to treat them to their own medicine.

What sort of ball was that Jupp?
"What sort of $%&* comment was that nob-head!?"

Why don't you **** off back to (team-name) Cole?
"Why don't you $%&* off back to your home, dick-head!"

Try jumping next time Darryl
"Try jumping off a building yourself"

.... I'm sure you get the idea.
biggrin.gif

Great idea. May have to put it into practice

I believe alot of us think to criticise but are not vocal, is that allowed? The players now are 100% in contrast to years ago which resulted in a rapid decline. We should also remember there is a reason why these players are in the lower leagues, so what do people expect?

Back