• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mohsniisgod

Has the youngster left the club?

Thought he still had a year left on his contract, unless he was released or has only left on trial?

Saw that he played for Millwall's Development Squad yesterday and scored as they won.

Never really got a chance under Brown I don't think, looked a good prospect to me!

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/u21s-squad-for-bromley-friendly-1768380.aspx
https://twitter.com/millwallfc/status/490509254185730049

Highlights of his goal at 2:01 and not bad pace at 0:39 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQYX8jl1A8

Yep agree with you.Looked impressive and 2 year contract signed. Must have gone wrong somewhere not to be even showing in trials but turning up for Millwall. Presumably frees up cash if released though?

I think I saw him in the background of one of the photos on sufc website/twitter of pre season training. I maybe completely wrong here but perhaps when we were under the embargo last season and we could only have a certain number in the squad registered, we could only sign Thompson or Kiernan if we unregistered a player but that player couldn't have featured in a match day squad. Pinnock missed most of last pre season injured, so wasn't ready to be in a match day squad at the start of the season. When the embargo was lifted he was on the fringes of the 18 man match squad as I saw him at Roots hall just prior to ko several times. Think as we were doing well Brown didn't want to risk playing him.

He is under contract a 2 year contract but I think Brown is now not keen on him as he has stated he is looking to sign a league 1 winger and also has Hurst, Weston, Atkinson and looking at Percil and Fagan (wing option)

I think I saw him in the background of one of the photos on sufc website/twitter of pre season training. I maybe completely wrong here but perhaps when we were under the embargo last season and we could only have a certain number in the squad registered, we could only sign Thompson or Kiernan if we unregistered a player but that player couldn't have featured in a match day squad. Pinnock missed most of last pre season injured, so wasn't ready to be in a match day squad at the start of the season. When the embargo was lifted he was on the fringes of the 18 man match squad as I saw him at Roots hall just prior to ko several times. Think as we were doing well Brown didn't want to risk playing him.

He is under contract a 2 year contract but I think Brown is now not keen on him as he has stated he is looking to sign a league 1 winger and also has Hurst, Weston, Atkinson and looking at Percil and Fagan (wing option)

Gives the impression you seem to think Pinnock is a winger...:stunned: He's a forward

Damn it I was convinced he was a left winger , midfielder striker, who could keep goal if necessary

Pinnock is a winger, as you see on the YouTube clip too.

When visiting the training ground this pre-season Pinnock was there training.

Are we due a fee then if he leaves, as he is under the age of 23?

Whenever he appeared for the first team, he was always played up front, so yes.

You really need to get your facts right before you try to correct people, as I've just seen a post you have replied to on another thread about RMP and Worrall and you've made your self look like a right tit. From the official Southend website, His position is Midfielder with the following extract.

Mitchell signed a two-year professional contract with Southend in May after impressing boss Phil Brown towards the end of the 2012/13 season.

The left-midfielder began his youth career with Arsenal before joining Blues’ youth setup at the age of 15.

Mitch made his debut against Aldershot Town on April 16th in the 90th minute before making his home debut against Morecambe on the final day of last season.

Also all the players that have left the club have been deleted from the squad list but Mitch Pinnock remains

Yep agree with you.Looked impressive and 2 year contract signed. Must have gone wrong somewhere not to be even showing in trials but turning up for Millwall. Presumably frees up cash if released though?

Or, if we are under an embargo does it free up a squad place as only youngsters who have played first team football count?

see also Auger, Ryan

Back