• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Mk Dons V Southend United

F A as usual I would say at a guess!!

What can he say? Today, we sounded as though we created enough chances to win the game. You don't take your chances..............you don't win matches..........end of.....
It doesn't appear to be the quality of play that cost us today..........it was confidence at SUB-ZERO. Until Tilly can turn this around, presumably with a win........... somewhere...............it is difficult to see how we are going to get out of our nose dive towards relegation.

We had 9, with 6 on target. They had 23 with 15 on target! They had 8 corners to our 3. Says it all really!

Was it really as bad as that? Didn't get that impression on the commentary but there again, perhaps I lost interest a bit when we went 2-0 down. The first-half seemed pretty even, with us being rather unfortunate to go in one behind.

The next few weeks will show how good Tilly really is. If there is un-rest in the dressing room he needs to sort that out in the next few days and get the whole team putting the effort in against the opposition -- not each other.

Indeed the match stats point to a well deserved win for the Dons. Sounds like we created more chances than most away games but they were missing a lot of players so would expect this.

At least Scannell managed to set up two good chances for Vernon and one for himself. He seems to be lifting his head up and producing the final ball that eluded him before. If Barnard was still here he would probably have capitalised. The trouble is that we are picking up our strikers from the bargain bins these days - although hats off to Patterson for his late effort.

Tilson says:

"We need to start putting them away and stop conceding at the other end."

Incisive punditry. Watch out Motty - you've got competition.

Last edited:
At least Scannell managed to set up two good chances for Vernon and one for himself. He seems to be lifting his head up and producing the final ball that eluded him before. If Barnard was still here he would probably have capitalised. The trouble is that we are picking up our strikers from the bargain bins these days - although hats off to Patterson for his late effort.

That is a positive, especially if he carries on doing so. Sooner or later somebody will put one or two away!

Wish my 10 year old was playing instead of Vernon, he would have put at least 2 of those away, my granny would have put 3 of them away. No more Laurent up front please. Wonder if Vernon can make tea. ummm up the blues i suppose.
Gonna watch Wickford boys under 10's again in the morning, now that really has got me excited, and my son doesn't even play fo them.

Back