• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MLB - Those damn Yankee's move stadium

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
Yep those awful Yankee's have moved their stadium and built a brand new one from the ground up. Now given the distance between the old stadium & the new; I'm kind of guessing it was to improve on the 55/60,000 capacity and thus money motivated!

http://slidingintohome.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-yankee-stadium-construction-update.html

It has been suggested that Nicky Bailey was heard to say it would be his dream move lol, concrete reinforcement anyone!!!!!

Doesn't look that much bigger than the old one.

The picture at the top with the old & new next to each other looks kind of like two testicles.

From what ive picked up in the papers, on the TV and being there myself, it seems most of the following is the basis.....

They wanted to keep the historic feel of the old stadium with the new stadium, what with Yankee stadium being one of the most famous sports venues on the planet... and the field dimensions are exactly the same (helping all the lefties they have on the roster).

The "upgrades" are that the seats are a little bigger for our portly american friends, so obviously bigger seats in a same size stadium = fewer seats overall.

With fewer seats available with similar (and new stadium intrigue) people wanting tickets it means they can push the prices up... a lot.

Biggest difference is on the inside of the stadium... anyone who has been to the current yankee stadium will know the inside is a bit dire - the new stadium is meant to be a lot plusher on the inside....

the yankees are @ the blue jays i belive because i caught the traffic on the way to watch canada vs jamacia world cup qualifers.

From what ive picked up in the papers, on the TV and being there myself, it seems most of the following is the basis.....

They wanted to keep the historic feel of the old stadium with the new stadium, what with Yankee stadium being one of the most famous sports venues on the planet... and the field dimensions are exactly the same (helping all the lefties they have on the roster).

The "upgrades" are that the seats are a little bigger for our portly american friends, so obviously bigger seats in a same size stadium = fewer seats overall.

With fewer seats available with similar (and new stadium intrigue) people wanting tickets it means they can push the prices up... a lot.

Biggest difference is on the inside of the stadium... anyone who has been to the current yankee stadium will know the inside is a bit dire - the new stadium is meant to be a lot plusher on the inside....

Thanks Benji,

I wonder if the nostalgia will remain, Brooklyn Bombers lol!

Never beat the food courts at the Trop mate!

Go Rays, BoSox and anyone whom beats dem damn Yankees.

Back