• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re all mad. All the signs are there that we will be fine once MM has the tools at his disposal to do the job.

I am confident that:

- the embargo will be lifted
- Akinola, Hart and K Taylor will be in the team in the next week or so
- we will strengthen further in January
- we will not be relegated
- we will be a different prospect next season with MM at the helm and some people on here will be a lot quieter than they are at present

Call me mad if you like, but that is not fantasy - it is optimistic but also realistic.
Whilst I sincerely hope that you are correct I seem to recall a similar sentiment about Kevin Bond?

Whilst I sincerely hope that you are correct I seem to recall a similar sentiment about Kevin Bond?

Ha! Possibly. I’m happier with my glass half full. On a serious note, I’m pretty confident that MM and Bond are poles apart. Bond may be a nice guy but he was a catastrophic manager, unfortunately. MM isn’t, and I do honestly believe we should stick with him because he will eventually come good (if Ron can stop hobbling him).

So, in all the 17 first team games we have played these season, we have only scored in 8 of them and in those 8, we have only scored more than 1 in two games. In those two games we only managed 2 in 90 minutes. No wonder the heart goes out of the team when the second goal is conceded, we never win and only on one occasion this season, avoid a defeat.

We will be in the NL next season and I hope that MM is still in charge. It will be our level and I honestly think it will be good for us.

That’s realistic.
Sorry, no it is not, this team will fall through the National League, as York & Stockport did. We need a change of management and style asap.

Get rid ASAP.What does MM bring to the table ? A three year contract, wow,totally not proven !
Any other manager would not get half the chance that MM has.What a playing record.The worst in SUFC history.I do think the chairman does not mind the situation,he's on a win situation, regarding his building project, wink,wink,nudge,nudge. The atmosphere around Roots Hall is terrible, one of resignation.We now have the worst ever chairman,Anton Johnson is beaten, the worst manager,Dick Bate now released from that, and the worst playing squad in our history.

there is absolutely nothing to be gained by retaining a manager who has delivered a terrible series of results like this....

the players need new ideas - they are working hard but whatever MM brings to the table is NOT WORKING ... it hasn't worked since day one.

Anyone will give it a fresh start ... new ideas - restore some confidence ...

The definition of madness - keep doing the same thing thats not working.

Some people seem to think that we'd be fine n dandy sitting in non league with MM at the helm and goodship upfront. As far as i can see we'd keep falling, and the only difference might be getting in some loan players who cant get into their clubs L2 side, shocking attendances, less league and sponsor money, lack of profile, and up against "hardened" non league teams who would eat us for breakfast.

Something needs to change imo, sticking with mm just seems like suicide, at least try rolling the dice, rather then just leaving the table.

Some people seem to think that we'd be fine n dandy sitting in non league with MM at the helm and goodship upfront. As far as i can see we'd keep falling, and the only difference might be getting in some loan players who cant get into their clubs L2 side, shocking attendances, less league and sponsor money, lack of profile, and up against "hardened" non league teams who would eat us for breakfast.

Something needs to change imo, sticking with mm just seems like suicide, at least try rolling the dice, rather then just leaving the table.

some people love failure ....

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i think a lot of people on this site really bigged up his appointment and can't stand facing up to being completely and utterly wrong -

just saying ;-)

there is absolutely nothing to be gained by retaining a manager who has delivered a terrible series of results like this....

the players need new ideas - they are working hard but whatever MM brings to the table is NOT WORKING ... it hasn't worked since day one.

Anyone will give it a fresh start ... new ideas - restore some confidence ...

The definition of madness - keep doing the same thing thats not working.
Ron not really given this guy a hope in hell. Such a poor squad, a change in manager I doubt will make a difference.

some people love failure ....

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i think a lot of people on this site really bigged up his appointment and can't stand facing up to being completely and utterly wrong -

just saying ;-)
don't think most people 'bigged him up' - we're just ****ing desperate :Unsure:

Totally agree. In all honesty it will be even harder for the club to survive. Relegation would be a huge financial disaster. The Conference is a hard league to get promoted from and this has been experienced by many ex-league clubs.

Please, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, tell me you're not comparing MM's situation to Luggy's. MM hasn't been perfect and has made some mistakes. Who doesn't? But with the **** he has to put up with, those mistakes get highlighted all the more. Until that embargo is lifted and he's able to get in the players he wants (not ones who are 5rh or 6th on his priority list, of they're even on the list in the first place), I find it very difficult to condemn him too much. We can't keep changing managers and paying off contracts. It would be a short-term, plaster-style fix and I wouldn't back anybody to get more out of this squad right now. Somebody needs to be given the chance to build something here.

The truth is he won’t be able to get league 2 quality players in , we are pretty much down and by January it will he cemented , at that point whoever in charge needs to start building a team for NL and that can’t be our youngsters .

I’m so frustrated by the lack of quality and ability to create chances , in my 30 years of following the blues I’ve never known it so bad , even the likes of Bramble , Rawle , Constantine , Abbey , Belgrade, Jay Smith had the ability to excite at times .
7 games I’ve watched this season and have never remotely felt the urge to jump out of my seat by a bit of flair , skill or a great crunching tackle ......good job this lot haven’t played in front of the roots hall crowd as it would be toxic and is hate to think of the abuse they would receive .

MM has rolled the dice a number of times this season and hasn’t really benefitted with each roll , is it bad luck , is his hands tied or is he simply of if his depth ....I’d say it’s a combination of the 3 .
I’ve said it before there are managers out there that would of set us up better , identified areas of weakness , worked better on set pieces , brought in better players and at least made us half decent to watch .
There’s is not one player in our current squad of 22 that would of got into Tillys team and that is a sobering thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back