• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have mentioned in a couple of posts in recent times that the Club have agreed to a campaign – to be known as ‘Moody Blues’ - being run as a tribute for Alan Moody. Well, it has today been launched on the Club website, so now the countdown is on!

As many of you know, Alan – who has made more appearances than anyone else in the Club’s history (over 500, from ’72 to ’84) – suffered the shattering blow in 2015 (despite being fit and living healthily) of having to have both of his legs amputated. Since then, and with the loving support of his family back up in his native North East, Alan has been slowly re-building his life.

Improving mobility is vital and the plan now is for Alan to get a specially adapted car that will enable him to drive again. The Club, in conjunction with the Shrimpers Trust, are helping with this and a key initiative will be holding a collection at our next home game v Plymouth. If you would like to add your support there will be official collectors outside the ground before the match and around the perimeter at half-time.

Alternatively, you can donate online at: http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=766

One or two other fund-raising initiatives will also be held – news of those to follow in the build up to the Plymouth match.
I can also reveal that Alan, with his daughter Claire, will be attending our first game next month v Rochdale on 2 September.

It was the messages of support on Shrimperzone for Alan and many tributes given that were the spur for getting this campaign up and running, and your support for it now and any help you can give in spreading the word will be much appreciated. The more I have worked on this, in speaking to his friends and many of his ex-teammates, the more I have learned what a true professional and genuine nice guy Alan is.

I will be updating you regularly as the campaign progresses.

Andy (SS)

SS, just a thought would the club ,be prepared to give raffle proceeds from the 50-50 draw to Alans fund on the day he is there, to help boost the coffers ?

It may boost the sales, as supporters may want to contribute to a real legend of days gone by

Would a small gesture for the time he gave the club, when money was not bounded about, as in today's world on TV rights, image rights,shirt sales etc

UTS

SS, just a thought would the club ,be prepared to give raffle proceeds from the 50-50 draw to Alans fund on the day he is there, to help boost the coffers ?

It may boost the sales, as supporters may want to contribute to a real legend of days gone by

Would a small gesture for the time he gave the club, when money was not bounded about, as in today's world on TV rights, image rights,shirt sales etc

UTS

Thanks Blueronron, I'll see what other folk think re this when I attend a Shrimpers Trust meeting this eve. Ideas always very welcome.

The Club have actually been very supportive of this - Ron Martin authorised it all, Danny Macklin (Commercial Director) has been excellent in getting things sorted from a club perspective, the Club are putting Alan/his daughter up in a hotel for two nights when they visit for the Rochdale match, we have use of a box at that match, and we have some great 'access all areas' for the collection buckets for the Plymouth match (well, bar the bogs).

Some top help coming in from fellow supporters too and some other fund raising initiatives which are quite inventive will be done in tandem - time is short this eve given a dash to Roots now needed from deepest Suffolk but will be updating again soon.

Cheers, Andy

I think we are still looking for a few more people willing to help with collections, so if you'd like to please let Andrew know.

Thanks Blueronron, I'll see what other folk think re this when I attend a Shrimpers Trust meeting this eve. Ideas always very welcome.

The Club have actually been very supportive of this - Ron Martin authorised it all, Danny Macklin (Commercial Director) has been excellent in getting things sorted from a club perspective, the Club are putting Alan/his daughter up in a hotel for two nights when they visit for the Rochdale match, we have use of a box at that match, and we have some great 'access all areas' for the collection buckets for the Plymouth match (well, bar the bogs).

Some top help coming in from fellow supporters too and some other fund raising initiatives which are quite inventive will be done in tandem - time is short this eve given a dash to Roots now needed from deepest Suffolk but will be updating again soon.

Cheers, Andy

are the Middlesborough local paper covering as per my email?

He left about a year before I started going but the name looms large in our history. Wish him the very best and a small token of appreciation has been sent via the link on the Trust website.

How does it work?
10 pounds ...buy ..then can you pay with paypal??Living in Germany

are the Middlesborough local paper covering as per my email?

Not as yet tho we will be upping the anti with Boro this week - we considered our best approach to start off with them was to write a rather nice letter on Shrimpers Trust paper to Chairman Steve Gibson (especially given the Gibson and Moody families were neighbours). However, no response as yet so we will be following things up - your local rag idea is a good one and we will try their supporters group as well as sending a follow up note to SG.

As an aside I will also be contacting Plymouth supporter associations too given of course it is them we are playing for the collection match - an article has been written as well for Southend to send to PAFC to see if they can put on their website.

Cheers, Andy

Donation made via Paypal/Shrimpers Trust.

I can still picture Alan Moody in my favourite Blues strip with the red & white stripes on the arms and the wide collar. I wore that replica shirt far too often to be considered healthy, until I grew too many chins to make it viable.

Best wishes to Alan and family for the future.

Ozzie, yes, you can donate with Paypal - I think it automatically leads you to pay that way if you have a Paypal account (don't ask me how, too clever for me!). If you get any probs let me know. Cheers, Andy

done,should have the 10 pounds...well done Andy

Just to update you all, we've had a wonderful start with £945 raised via the online donation button as of a few mins ago

Thank you to all who have given your support, I'll keep you posted. Another article (with a corny title!) should go up on the club website tomorrow

UTB:high five:

The article -including the headline - on the club website says Alan is returning for the Plymouth game which of course is incorrect. Are you able to put them right ?

Back