• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mopeds, kids, my RANT

lee_sufc

Coach
Ok, I am unfortunate enought to live on a main road where all day long, all we hear is those sodding annoying mopeds which everyone under 20 seems to own!

What I want to know is, how can these kids get to drive around on the streets on these without having to complete a full licence? The other week, I nearly had a serious crash at a roundabout becuase 2 idiot kids decided to drive next to each other and start having a conversation.

At least 90% of these mopeds have L plates and I think this should be changed! Anyone else agree?

Agree 100%

Also, apart from their riding habits, I have one young kid that rides past my flat at 11pm to mid night constantly going back n forth to the bottom of the road where all his mates hang out. And to make matters worse he's replaced the baffle/exhaust with what can only be described as a piece of half inch piping. Consiquently the damn thing makes a noise like a 140 decibel wasp on speed
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 30 2006,20:01)]Agree 100%

Also, apart from their riding habits, I have one young kid that rides past my flat at 11pm to mid night constantly going back n forth to the bottom of the road where all his mates hang out. And to make matters worse he's replaced the baffle/exhaust with what can only be described as a piece of half inch piping. Consiquently the damn thing makes a noise like a 140 decibel wasp on speed
mad.gif
I know exactly what you mean!

Another thing...they nearly all drive up your arse. All I'd need to do is touch my brake and they'd be dead! I have no idea how they get away with it.

Motorcycle licenses
a 3 day (or equivalent) CBT is required before the rider can go on the road
CC limits 50 cc (and 30MPH) aged 16
125CC and 12.5 BHP Aged 17 and over.

The CBT has to be retaken if a full test is not passed within 2 years.

If a test is taken on a machine of under 12.5 bhp then the rider is limited to a machine of 33 bhp or under for two years or until they are 21 years old
If a test is taken on a machine of 50Bhp (which requires a minimum 3 days full time course) then as long as the rider is over 21 then they can ride any motorcycle.

Car License.
You can drive a car of any capacity, as long as you have someone who has been a licence hold for two years sitting next to you, the minute you reach 17.
You take a test then you can drive any car you like with no further training.

Thankfully insurance prices have done the regulation ....except for the wealthy......

Agree 100%.

What also annoys me as well is these kids/chavs on mini-moto's.

No crash helmets, no license, no insurance, no tax, no mot, and no idea basically!

At the end of the day, if they crash into a car and have an accident, where do you stand? You'll end up claiming on your own insurance! That is just wrong!

You have to blame the half wit parents of these Chavs, thats where the problem lies!

Back