• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More pitcures of Cuckoo Farm, as the project comes to an end...

All Col U bashing aside, I'm curious why the stadium was built with all four corners open - why weren't any of the stands joinned up?

Because as per 90% of football clubs these days, their stadia are funded by the Council, and they work to budgets...usually strict budgets. Also, this is the most cost efficient way of building a stadium. Four separate stands with all accomodation in one main stand.

I see Col Ewe's players and managements new company cars have been delivered into the new car park.

I am sure I saw Matt driving the one on the far right the other day! ;)

Not quite as good as your "Blue" Scoopy! :D

Excuse me!! What is wrong with my 250bhp Japanese monster?! :@

Because as per 90% of football clubs these days, their stadia are funded by the Council, and they work to budgets...usually strict budgets. Also, this is the most cost efficient way of building a stadium. Four separate stands with all accomodation in one main stand.

Ah, fair enough then. Not really read much about it - has it got much capacity for expansion if needed then?

Ah, fair enough then. Not really read much about it - has it got much capacity for expansion if needed then?

Shouldn't be too difficult to expand...the most efficient way would probably be to expand each of the smaller single tier stands by a few rows, which may even allow you to use some of the stand during construction.

Obviously not expecting any crowd trouble with the barriers at the front of the stands.

Nothing Sherif, read my post again, I said there new company cars were "Not quite as good as your "Blue" Scoopy!" which is a very nice motor.

lol...was just kidding. One of the U's fans dissed the car on their website! I am flabbergasted!! :O

...a few pics from my mammoth snagging mission today for those interested...

017-2.jpg

Col Ewe's back line for next season?

All Col U bashing aside, I'm curious why the stadium was built with all four corners open - why weren't any of the stands joinned up?

As Sherif alludes to, there is more than one phase of construction. The corners can - and probably will - be filled in once the A12 slip road is built. At present, traffic management surveys only allow us 10,000 seats but the corners would take us up to 12,500 before the final expansion to 17-18,000.

I see Col Ewe's players and managements new company cars have been delivered into the new car park.

I am sure I saw Matt driving the one on the far right the other day! ;)

Probably faster than my heap of a car at the moment! :D

it looks OK, but i wud of thought they could of made it better than that

can't wait until FF is built, its gunna be amazing!:)

They've even put up a load of pictures of their removal boxes as they leave Layer Road on their OS. Slow news day by any chance? :D

I trust they'll be posting the demolition photos there too...

Slow news day or marking the end of an era, you decide ;)

Glad I didnt have to lug those boxes anyhow :D

And Sherif, I apologise, my choice of shirt was truely coincidental!

Slow news day or marking the end of an era, you decide ;)

Glad I didnt have to lug those boxes anyhow :D

And Sherif, I apologise, my choice of shirt was truely coincidental!

Hmmm...I did complain about it to Marie, but she was equally unsympathetic!!

Back