• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am not at all suggesting that the Zone should be full of positives and any negatives that come up should not appear on here. My point was that after all the negativity on her recently especially about the Ranger case and our lack of transfer activity in January it would be nice to go a week and read only about the positives things that are happening.

As already stated the news had been in the public although I had not read about (probably due to my location). However, I am sure that the if we zoners could feel even a little bit of the positiveness that we are seeing in the teams results wouldn't it just make for a better feeling all round.

Only for a while... I live in hope! After all I am a Blues fan. One has to :winking:

Well I admire the sentiment. And the posts about the lack of activity in January proved pretty groundless in the end. I think we did good business, adding to the squad depth and options in attack.

Sadly a lot of people get overexcited during transfer windows and want their club to be seen to be making statements of intent, which in our case wasn't necessary given recent form.

Getting back to the thread, I didn't know that Sue or Jess had left the club and when I phoned their normal number was told it was due to restructure. The new lady I spoke to was Joanne who was very helpful but was only 3 days into her job and all my relationships with the commercial side of the club built up over the years seem to have walked out of the door. I don't know if Jess's father Lawrence who serves the food in the Blues Lounge has gone as well but as a regular user of the Blues Lounge, I can state that not once did I ever have cause to complain. The service, food and hospitality has always been first class. All the people who worked there were a credit to the club. I will miss them. The point I would like to raise is the lack of communication by the club and the lack of openness. We still haven't really been told what the Ranger saga was truly all about, we only know what was reported in the press. The official club statement offered no clarity at all. The head groundsman was sacked suddenly. Again no information forthcoming leading to all sorts of rumours and probably misinformation. Commercial staff have now left suddenly and yet we hear nothing from the club, not even we wish you the best in the future line. So come on Ron, let the fans know what is really happening, including FF. You don't mind our support when you need it so give something back to the fans who are the blood of this club and deserve better.

Getting back to the thread, I didn't know that Sue or Jess had left the club and when I phoned their normal number was told it was due to restructure. The new lady I spoke to was Joanne who was very helpful but was only 3 days into her job and all my relationships with the commercial side of the club built up over the years seem to have walked out of the door. I don't know if Jess's father Lawrence who serves the food in the Blues Lounge has gone as well but as a regular user of the Blues Lounge, I can state that not once did I ever have cause to complain. The service, food and hospitality has always been first class. All the people who worked there were a credit to the club. I will miss them. The point I would like to raise is the lack of communication by the club and the lack of openness. We still haven't really been told what the Ranger saga was truly all about, we only know what was reported in the press. The official club statement offered no clarity at all. The head groundsman was sacked suddenly. Again no information forthcoming leading to all sorts of rumours and probably misinformation. Commercial staff have now left suddenly and yet we hear nothing from the club, not even we wish you the best in the future line. So come on Ron, let the fans know what is really happening, including FF. You don't mind our support when you need it so give something back to the fans who are the blood of this club and deserve better.

I'm not sure the club should feel obliged to let us know all the comings and goings of non playing staff? Is it any of our business really?

Legally, if her job has been taken over 'as is' by someone else after she's been let go due to restructuring because her didn't exist any more then she has ample grounds to take it to a tribunal. If on the other hand she was 'let go' and her job was then restructured to take in other roles and subsequently renamed then I'm afraid there's little to do. I would hope that the club has done the decent thing and given her some kind of job loss remuneration package other than just the statutory monies owed.

You are incorrect.

If the terms of any redundancy settlement contract stipulate that the role may be filled by a 'future employee' and is signed by the departing person, then said role is vacated and may be taken over by A N Other.

Of course, the person leaving the role may opt not to sign such agreement, but them may be made subject of a smaller compensation 'pay out'

K

I'm not sure the club should feel obliged to let us know all the comings and goings of non playing staff? Is it any of our business really?

I think it is, to some extent, our business. We have a player who mysteriously gets suspended but no reason has ever been officially given and we are left in the dark to rely on press releases which may or may not be accurate, we then have the head groundsman suddenly dismissed but without any explanation but it seems odd that it should happen immediately a game is postponed because of bad weather. Now we learn that at least 2 wonderful commercial staff are gone. No explanation. We were once told we were getting a new ground, still no news. The concern of all genuine fans is that there may be more sinister reasons going on behind the scenes which is why we are being kept in the dark. Transparency is vital otherwise rumour control takes over and Chinese whispers abound. The club expect us to loyally attend games and support the club but it is a 2 way street and they should not treat the fans with contempt.

I'm all for holding people in authority to account - but do people really think on this forum the employment affairs/agreements between the club and non-playing staff has anything to do with us? I also don't think this is an appropriate topic for this forum or any social media - bearing in mind the potential sensitivities.

I think it is, to some extent, our business. We have a player who mysteriously gets suspended but no reason has ever been officially given and we are left in the dark to rely on press releases which may or may not be accurate, we then have the head groundsman suddenly dismissed but without any explanation but it seems odd that it should happen immediately a game is postponed because of bad weather. Now we learn that at least 2 wonderful commercial staff are gone. No explanation. We were once told we were getting a new ground, still no news. The concern of all genuine fans is that there may be more sinister reasons going on behind the scenes which is why we are being kept in the dark. Transparency is vital otherwise rumour control takes over and Chinese whispers abound. The club expect us to loyally attend games and support the club but it is a 2 way street and they should not treat the fans with contempt.

I'm glad you understand how damaging/dangerous rumours can be. Unfortunately your post adds little else other than agitate the rumour mill still further. Safe to say there are employment laws governing all your examples. I'm sure the club are only too aware of these and IF (and at the moment it is a big IF) they have circumnavigated/ignored these they will be held to account by the relevant governing bodies - and rightly so. If not then I refer you back to my first point.

I'm all for holding people in authority to account - but do people really think on this forum the employment affairs/agreements between the club and non-playing staff has anything to do with us?

Only if these actions by the club have a detrimental effect on the services provided to the fanbase.

M and S are cutting up to 4,390 jobs. I have shopped there and I demand to know the reason for each individual redundancy. Oh yes they can put them all under the umbrella of scaling back their outlets but I suspect they are using that as an excuse to be rid of some unwanted individuals. Unacceptable. They have had my money and now I want total transparency with their business activities. I may boycott them and they will no longer receive my average spend of £7.99 per annum. Lets see how they would like them onions!

M and S are cutting up to 4,390 jobs. I have shopped there and I demand to know the reason for each individual redundancy. Oh yes they can put them all under the umbrella of scaling back their outlets but I suspect they are using that as an excuse to be rid of some unwanted individuals. Unacceptable. They have had my money and now I want total transparency with their business activities. I may boycott them and they will no longer receive my average spend of £7.99 per annum. Lets see how they would like them onions!
at least they give you the option of onions

You must be really proud of that post.

Back