• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

While I still remember the hurt of Grimsby away in 2005, it's nowhere as vivid in my mind as the elation I felt at the Mill Stad when we beat Lincoln. It's a bloody sweet way to go up, and it'd be even sweeter if we did it at Wembley, so let's keep the faith and focus on that. UTB...

While I still remember the hurt of Grimsby away in 2005, it's nowhere as vivid in my mind as the elation I felt at the Mill Stad when we beat Lincoln. It's a bloody sweet way to go up, and it'd be even sweeter if we did it at Wembley, so let's keep the faith and focus on that. UTB...

Almost Churchillian almost. I agree with you 100%.

My son just put his hand on my shoulder and said ' dad, football is not the whole world'.... think on.

My son just put his hand on my shoulder and said ' dad, football is not the whole world'.... think on.
Put him to bed early and take all his computer games to a charity shop.
He has so much to learn about the importance of football in our lives.
You as a father should take some of the blame, poor parental skills:winking:

If we play like we did today, we will be nowhere near Wembley, and that is fact:smile:

Just got back, a long way to go for nothing. The ref wasent that great and maybe we should of had a penalty, BBBC being pulled down during a corner (am interested to know if others thought so or not) but we had chances at the beginning of the second half to go up and it just really showed the lack of a clinical striker in the team. If we had a good "fox in the box" type player we would have won today. Fair play to Morcambe looked very dangerous on the counter and their number 7 up front was very impressive. Our players- just didnt turn up, had a lot of the ball but just didnt know what to do with it, looked like headless chickens running all over the place either trying to walk it in or hoofin it up.... AGAINST a really strong wind.

Very disappointed and absolutely gutted
Rainy cold day up north and a long sorrow quiet drive home, bit of deja vu from 10 years ago there

Just got back, a long way to go for nothing. The ref wasent that great and maybe we should of had a penalty, BBBC being pulled down during a corner (am interested to know if others thought so or not) but we had chances at the beginning of the second half to go up and it just really showed the lack of a clinical striker in the team. If we had a good "fox in the box" type player we would have won today. Fair play to Morcambe looked very dangerous on the counter and their number 7 up front was very impressive. Our players- just didnt turn up, had a lot of the ball but just didnt know what to do with it, looked like headless chickens running all over the place either trying to walk it in or hoofin it up.... AGAINST a really strong wind.

Very disappointed and absolutely gutted
Rainy cold day up north and a long sorrow quiet drive home, bit of deja vu from 10 years ago there
Couldn't have said the above any better myself:sad:
Corr was too intent on trying to con a penalty or foul and referees are well aware of that side of his game.

A much more important point being overlooked is how people are able to buy tickets for a game, spend around 10 hours travelling to and from the game, spend a good few hours in the town, including 2 or 3 inside the ground, yet STILL not be able to spell Morecambe.

Dreadful day... Team way too pumped up, everything rushed, Morecambe fair play to them they've done Bury, Wycombe and us in recent weeks and now we face the play offs again.

Dreadful day... Team way too pumped up, everything rushed, Morecambe fair play to them they've done Bury, Wycombe and us in recent weeks and now we face the play offs again.

Yeah, but only because Bury and Wycombe bottled it.....bravest team in the land are Morecambe:dim:

After some time to consider...Morecambe where a decent side and properly deserves a win. Usually stick
up for PB but felt he got it wrong yesterday...and even though JP scored our goal...I don't think his performance warrented a change of system to include him on the pitch. BARRETT didn't have his best game I felt Corr went back 4 months and played with a bit of a sulk on...you should play in any system the manager asks without having a moan up about it on the pitch.

Really felt we were going to win prior to the match, but we go again next week. Grimsby repeat? Play-offs are the best way to go up anyways....

Drastic™;1734875 said:
If Tranmere were to equalise we could still be singing "Who put the ball in the Bury net..."
hahaha yeah sing it now! good luck in play offs thats a genuine comment I hope you do it just made me laugh that! ' WHO CARES WHO PUT IT IN OUR NET WE ARE IN LEAGUE ONE' see you next season you the best team in that PO and you will join us

Back