• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes in the summer?

• Total voters
I say get rid of both of them!

Both shocking and as **** as eachother but atm I have Morris between the sticks rather then evens.

As for Dan he no where near ready for first team action he needs to play more mens football hence being loaned out

But the main problem with the keepers was getting rid of Turner and not having a paid/full time goal keeper coach

Can't believe anyone would want to keep Evans. Has proved this year when wrongly selected over Morris that he is a non league keeper on a very slippery slope. Can't kick to save his life, unconfident, slow getting down, truly believe he is on a par with Ian Joyce! Morris has been on the bench with Borient for a number of years probably due to his lack of height but think he is a very solid natural keeper and would take him over Spildy any day, could play higher, hopefully with us!

I say get rid of both of them!

Both shocking and as **** as eachother but atm I have Morris between the sticks rather then evens.

As for Dan he no where near ready for first team action he needs to play more mens football hence being loaned out

But the main problem with the keepers was getting rid of Turner and not having a paid/full time goal keeper coach

...so what exactly has Morris ever done wrong, are you one of these, he played for Borient bores?

Evans scares the living crap out of me with his crazy antics....god knows what he does to the back four.....much prefer Morris and I have voted to get rid of Evans, as the poll clearly says...who goes in the summer. I think what is confusing people is the bottom option is to keep them both so the obvious train of thought from reading that option is the other two choices are for who to keep rather than who to bin off.....poorly worded poll.

...so what exactly has Morris ever done wrong, are you one of these, he played for Borient bores?

I just dont rate him and answering the question......there are plenty of better lower league keepers out there who dont go awol in there 18 yard box

And couldnt care less where he played before its about how he plays NOW

I just dont rate him and answering the question......there are plenty of better lower league keepers out there who dont go awol in there 18 yard box

Think your dreaming, very rarely if at all he has let us down!

There should be an option for binning them both. Does anyone know what their contract situation is? If someone better becomes available in the summer then I'd have no problem ditching the pair of them. I think both have done OK, though both are pretty average. If I had to pick one to keep it would be Morris, but in my opinion we could do a lot better. Although none of us have any idea what the situation will be come the end of the season. Will we be in a position to bring in new players? Will our current crop up and walk again? Who knows. For the record I think Sturrock did fantastically well to get 2 keepers of that quality at the start of the season, but if (and big if) we are in a positon to strengthen in the summer that would be one of the first positions to look at.

I know this guy, used to play for Col Ewe...hands like dinner plates. We should get him in. :winking:

That may be so, but given the ongoing financial problems at Southend I'd wager there won't be many beating a path to our door.

Voted wrong....Keep Morris , Evans scares the **** out of me....

I dont think Evans is a bad keeper by any means but I think he looks so lacking in confidence that I cant see him ever being a keeper we can have confidence in him?

Last edited:
I think there must be a mistake in the question because I voted wrongly as well. I thought it was asking who I wanted to stay and that is 100% Morris. Evans gives me the jitters when the ball comes near him.

I have voted for keep them both.

It is the first time for awhile that we have had 2 good keepers that can both push for a starting place. My preference is for Morris but 1 game apart Evans has done okay and has looked no worse than most other keepers in the Division.

I have not seen much of Bentley but there is a huge difference in playing youth and league football, particularly for a such a key position as goalkeeper where your team mates cannot ease you in. I think Bentley will learn far more next season being loaned out to a non-league club and playing adult football rather than sitting on the bench and watching Morris (or Evans).

There should be an option for binning them both. Does anyone know what their contract situation is? If someone better becomes available in the summer then I'd have no problem ditching the pair of them. I think both have done OK, though both are pretty average. If I had to pick one to keep it would be Morris, but in my opinion we could do a lot better. Although none of us have any idea what the situation will be come the end of the season. Will we be in a position to bring in new players? Will our current crop up and walk again? Who knows. For the record I think Sturrock did fantastically well to get 2 keepers of that quality at the start of the season, but if (and big if) we are in a positon to strengthen in the summer that would be one of the first positions to look at.

QUOTE]
Totally agree, neither look the answer to me, definitely an area we need to strengthen.

Back