• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most pleasing thing about saturday

DTS

The Business
On the train in the way home with my mate Mark, Bucks_Blue and Hong Kong Blue, settled down to tuck into some carlings and fish and chips when a young southend fan sits next to us.

Anyway as it is 2 hours back to London and we all get chatting about how we come about supporting the blues.

So this young lad that has oins us goes on to tell us that he was from epping ( Not a hot bed for SUFC ) and he started coming to RH after a family fun day two years ago to Carlisle.

Obviously it was the shock of Mcsweeney scoring on the day as he became addicted and is now a full paying adult season ticket older in the South Upper.

Its so easy to moan at the club for this and that but on this ocaasions we have hopefully won a fan for life with no connection historically with the club due to some clever maketing.And you can bet if there is on there is more out there..

Well done the club !!!!
smile.gif

Good to hear we're pulling in fans from outside our catchment DtS.

I think the smaller clubs will benefit from clever marketing to attract families and kids to lower league matches. The Premiersh1te is ridiculously expensive to take kids to so once we've got the kids hooked they'll be hooked for life. Kids for a quid pays dividens in the long run.

very true wessex. It costs an absured amount for children to watch Premier$hite matches. Especially when you include food, drinks, travel and all the other little expensives. I have been to a few Premier$hite matces but i much enjoy more watching southend play at the hall in front of passionate fans that make a great atmosphere. and the football is great to watch too. I remember when my dad took me to watch my first game I loved it. And I have ever since. My mates at work go to watch Arsenal and the tiket costs 46 pound!!! I have told them if they want to watch a decent team for a third of the price go down to Southend. They haven't taken the offer up yet but they do look out for the results - which I guess is a start. I will convert them!

biggrin.gif

Soccer Am were also bigging up the Unders 7's Go Free promotion on Saturday. They read out the complete list of clubs involved in the promotion including us. Well done to all the teams in this promotion. I beleive there are about 35 clubs doing it.

I know it can be annoying sitting near a group of 6yr olds who shout handball everytime a throw is taken but these kids are the future of the club.

I'm all for letting children come for a quid every week. How many times at the hall are there over 4000 empty seats? Fathers are more likely to bring kids if it's a pound a shot and the kids are likely to want to follow us forever. More food sold, programmes etc. Good business long term.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2005,23:25)]On the train in the way home with my mate Mark, Bucks_Blue and Hong Kong Blue, settled down to tuck into some carlings and fish and chips when a young southend fan sits next to us.

Anyway as it is 2 hours back to London and we all get chatting about how we come about supporting the blues.

So this young lad that has oins us goes on to tell us that he was from epping ( Not a hot bed for SUFC ) and he started coming to RH after a family fun day two years ago to Carlisle.

Obviously it was the shock of Mcsweeney scoring on the day as he became addicted and is now a full paying adult season ticket older in the South Upper.

Its so easy to moan at the club for this and that but on this ocaasions we have hopefully won a fan for life with no connection historically with the club due to some clever maketing.And you can bet if there is on there is more out there..

Well done the club !!!!    
smile.gif
It's a nice story, but when Tilly refuses to play Freddy and all we can muster is 2nd place and no more than a pathetic 8 wins in a row, how can we seriously expect to kep these fans in the long term?

mad.gif

Back