• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Motorcyclist -

Fat Bastid

Coach
I used to ride a high performance superbike until the dreaded nerves eventually got the better of me.

How cool I looked in matching leathers and a Carl Fogarty helmet but can somebody please explain........

Picture the scene.....

Ducati 996 in red,  Akita leathers, knee sliders, Fogarty lid, bunny ears.  

Bunny ears?!  WTF are they all about, can someone please explain?

In my days you would be a woofter wearing a helmet with such things protruding from the sides.

Where did this non-macho thing come from?

As I understood it you're not supposed to stick things on the crash hat as this prevents the helmet from sliding in a crash. I used to have a mohican stuck on mine and plod gave me a ticking off which I was annoyed about...haven't you got real criminals to catch etc...until he used wisdom and informed me about crash helmet technology...I understood that, no need for Tebbit type piggism, hence I polish and buff my helmet every morning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 08 2004,08:54)]As I understood it you're not supposed to stick things on the crash hat as this prevents the helmet from sliding in a crash. I used to have a mohican stuck on mine and plod gave me a ticking off which I was annoyed about...haven't you got real criminals to catch etc...until he used wisdom and informed me about crash helmet technology...I understood that, no need for Tebbit type piggism, hence I polish and buff my helmet every morning.
These new helmets have vents on the sides and the Bunny Ears appear to stick out from there!

Back