• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Henry Winterbone (HARRY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you also check on the status of the blues lottery, I think last draw results on the club website is may 2020. Thanks
Yes, will do. One of those attending is one of our Trust reps on that committee so she will be interested.

Every season, I've been slowly falling out of love with the club on a personal level and reading stuff like this just compounds that.

The gap between the club and the supporters is bigger than ever and recently I've enjoyed supporting Hullbridge Sports more.

Southend United is feeling more like a cold corporate business.
Didn't we all want a CEO to come in and run the club in a professional manner?

Football now is a cold corporate business, if you want to be a success it is anyway, personally I'm not sure how much I like it but I want my club to be successful.

I have already brought this thread to the Club's attention and have a Liaison Meeting scheduled with them for tomorrow.

If you like, I will raise it there.
Yes please would like some kind of respectful answer from the New chief executive, not a post nothing from him

Football now is a cold corporate business, if you want to be a success it is anyway, personally I'm not sure how much I like it but I want my club to be successful.
As I said earlier- Pimlico plumbers- manages to be a very successful business and find jobs for older staff- even if they are “token jobs”

A much better way would be for Henry to be called in with several others and see Ron in a big black swivel chair. Tom to his left and Patrick to his right.

Streaming it live before the monthly meetings would boost viewing figures.

Ron would also need to be stroking a white cat , and say "Ah Mr Winterbone , I've been expecting you"

Always best to get both sides of the story before casting aspersions.

Full respect to the old boy for putting in a shift as his age and for the club but its probably a health and safety issue for us potentially anyway.

I know Ron Martin has got previous for treating his workforce badly but lets not hang our CEO out to dry on this one until we hear his side of events.

i think this is unfair, clearly there is a full story thats internal on this matter, regardless of how this sits on the outside for you all to see

I have no idea in this particular case what was possible or what was not.
Having previously worked for bureaucracy for many years I do know how easy it is to take the easy option, and, in doing so, find a reason not to do something
At the very least communication has been poor.
The Club is dealing with a lifelong supporter in his twilight years. Over the years he has been happy to give up his time to work for the club.
The letter from from his wife at the beginning of this thread screams at me that this issue could and should have been dealt with better.
Exactly this!

I’m sorry that Harry and Roxy feel he has been badly treated, however we’ve been crying out for a CEO to run our club professionally and now we have one let’s let him do his job.

We’ve only heard one side of the story here so let’s not jump to conclusions.
One side of the story ok he 80 and still wants to work, he has seen other CEO come asnd go but NO this one wants him out, thanx

One side of the story ok he 80 and still wants to work, he has seen other CEO come asnd go but NO this one wants him out, thanx
We haven't had a CEO in about 9 years, a lot could have changed in that time.

I would love a reply from the said new accountant TOM, nothing from him, and he was the actual person that made the decision. Now many husband has almost given up and feels totally useless. Hope you realise that work has been his only main reason for living. OLD SCHOOL but, TOM is only a nipper wouldnt understand that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back