• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr. Martins Promise

Delolly

Schoolboy
Some weeks ago I mentioned Mr. Martins promise to us all that Tilly, Paul Brush and himself would never let us down. Since then I have been sitting in a darkened room, as suggested on this site for having the audacityto question such a statement.
Fine I except my dilemma at the time.
But now with three weeks to go before the start of the new season, we have a smaller squad than last season (and that was small)!. Whoever is brought in now,is that a long enough period for the the famous team spirit to build,I dont think so.
I'm sure some of you must be worried too, we are entering the CHAMPIONSHIP for cri$t sake not the borough com.
Please believe me when I say that I have had SUFC in my heart for fifty one years, but no doubt I shall be back in that darkened room real soon.

Take a torch and calm down
wink.gif
Have faith
wow.gif

bobbymcferrin0mi.jpg

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

Thanks mate Ive printed it out, and shall take it with my torch....

IMO, we have a much less injury prone squad this year and we have much better cover for positions. We have two solid keepers and cover for all of our back four and competitive cover too. In midfield, I wouldn't be surprised to see anothe name added but I think Tilly may have faith in some of the youngsters to be able to play a bit part role there. Up front we have two strikers and two players with varying experience who can perhaps fill in but there is a vacant number nine shirt and that must be screaming new striker at you.

As for the team spirit issue, we haven't even played a single pre-season match yet. I think there's time for players to settle if they have the right attitude which, invariably, Tilly's signings do.

I agree we could do with another one or two players but don't want to starve the youth team of opportunities when two of them have earnt some sort of international recognition before even making an impact at the club.

Think you may need to take another lie down. I don't think there is anything to be overly concerned with. The signings thus far appear to be excellent and will strengthen the squad overall. I'd rather Tilly took his time in selecting the players he wants rather than opting for a player because he is available, whom may not enhance the team.

Finally if you seriously think we have problems look at Col******r, 3 weeks to kick off, no manager, lost Danns & Chilvers and like as not Halford. It seems they are giving up before they start.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ July 14 2006,23:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 14 2006,21:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ July 14 2006,22:41)]do you have something against me xabia?
No ... I'm just an annoying Spanish wind-up merchant ...
Strong contender for 'understatement of the century'
laugh.gif

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

This smiley has been brought to you thanks to SotW Inc.

Erm one question xabia, how do i get a picture into my signature?

Does it have to be online? And how do i put a picture onto a website if so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ July 14 2006,23:54)]Erm one question xabia, how do i get a picture into my signature?

Does it have to be online? And how do i put a picture onto a website if so.
Yes, the image has to be uploaded to webspace; try someone like Imageshack.

Then simpy add the

Back