• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it is very appropriate. The fact he plays for another club is academic. He plays football and that is relevance enough. We should all think sometimes about how we think of our team players, praise, abuse, pride, disdain... Its just a game and whether it is for The Blues or any other team I do not want to see this happen in football and the least we can all do is show compassion. If this happened to one of our players and we read of some of the comments I have seen on here we would take umbrage.

Simply not appropriate in my book,. The cynic in me (which to be honest isn't usually at the forefront) wonders if this would be getting the amount of exposure it is had it been a player in a lower league and untelevised game.

To be fair when David Longhurst croaked it playing for York City about 15 years ago there was a good deal of coverage of it, even before the days of rolling news etc....

I think it is very appropriate. The fact he plays for another club is academic. He plays football and that is relevance enough. We should all think sometimes about how we think of our team players, praise, abuse, pride, disdain... Its just a game and whether it is for The Blues or any other team I do not want to see this happen in football and the least we can all do is show compassion. If this happened to one of our players and we read of some of the comments I have seen on here we would take umbrage.

To many an extent I agree. Maybe appropriate isn't the right word. Let's just say that people wish to support in many different ways. I am not anti chanting. But I think perhaps I too agree that chanting should be focused towards our own team. Maybe we could our club to provide a tribute. Will we be clapping or doing a minute's silence before the game?

Why don't we reciprocate what all the other grounds did after the referee DIED on our pitch v Mansfield. Ie **** ALL. Sorry but much as I wish him well and it is tragic this is TOTALLY inappropriate and irrelevant. Do it pre kick off or at HT. No argument with that at all.

Why don't we reciprocate what all the other grounds did after the referee DIED on our pitch v Mansfield. Ie **** ALL. Sorry but much as I wish him well and it is tragic this is TOTALLY inappropriate and irrelevant. Do it pre kick off or at HT. No argument with that at all.

You're right. A human being is a human being. Whoever it happens to it is tragic and in the referee's case I don't recall anything post event. But, just because we didn't then doesn't mean we can't now. We just need to agree on what is appropriate and how best we show our respects. In this case I don't think anyone should be looked at differently because they do or don't decide to chant Fabrice's name.

Yep, i'm with you...before the game would be best. We could show our support, then concentrate on the main event...

Lads,

I don't feel we really made enough of the sad passing of Whitney Houston.I wrote to Tara at the time asking for a two minute silence - typically of the club I got no reply. Once Ron found out being a big Whitney fan himself he immediately sacked Tara. I then got a call from Ron to say Tara sided with Bobby Brown after the messy divorce in 97 hence he didn't want the minutes silence.

My idea is as follows: in the 59th minute (Whitneys age at the time of passing) Smiffy starts to bang out a somber rhythm on the blue voice drum. At the exact moment Ian the Girth (dressed as Whitney) who is being carried by True Blue (dressed as Kevin Costner from the 90s classic the bodyguard) walk to the front of the North. They hold hands and burst out "ooh I want to dance with somebody".

Next the West and East stand would sing "I want to feel the heat with somebody". I will organise the South upper forsecond chorus of "oh I want to feel the heat with somebody". As a final fitting tribute the entire ground would finish the song "with somebody to love me"

I think this would be a fitting tribute to Whitney who I believe followed the club from afar. Thoughts?

Lads,

I don't feel we really made enough of the sad passing of Whitney Houston.I wrote to Tara at the time asking for a two minute silence - typically of the club I got no reply. Once Ron found out being a big Whitney fan himself he immediately sacked Tara. I then got a call from Ron to say Tara sided with Bobby Brown after the messy divorce in 97 hence he didn't want the minutes silence.

My idea is as follows: in the 59th minute (Whitneys age at the time of passing) Smiffy starts to bang out a somber rhythm on the blue voice drum. At the exact moment Ian the Girth (dressed as Whitney) who is being carried by True Blue (dressed as Kevin Costner from the 90s classic the bodyguard) walk to the front of the North. They hold hand and bust out "ooh I want to dance with somebody".

Next the West and East stand would sing "I want to feel the heat with somebody". I will organise the South upper forsecond chorus of "oh I want to feel the heat with somebody". As a final fitting tribute the entire ground would finish the song "with somebody to love me"

I think this would be a fitting tribute to Whitney who I believe followed the club from afar. Thoughts?

Dave you are a legend

Back