• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Music licence

sufc_tom

Striker
My work has now stopped putting on the radio as the licence has gone up from £500 to £2000. Now theyre saying you can't use iPods/mp3s etc but surely been a personal music player with the songs I have bought, I should be allowed to listen to my music away from the shop and customers?

Could someone explain please, would be greatly appreciated :)

Easy, the PRS are *****.

That said, it'd be great if they started fining the idiots who play music out loud on their mobile phones.

I the reason is you are paid to work, not ponce about with MP3 players.

If I was an employer I would knock off holiday time every time an employee took a comfort break.

The PRS are charging £500 still and the govt. have let some other company get money out of business buy charging for the licence aswell.

And my boss let's us listen to it when we are out of shop/customers view in the warehouse but not allowed to do that now!

If I was an employer I would knock off holiday time every time an employee took a comfort break.

What you mean when they go for a wee or a poo?

Boy are you strict. I hope you'd make that clear to them when they come for an interview.

In UK copyright law, a person wishing to play copyright music in public will generally require the consent (or licence) of the copyright owner before doing so. ‘In public’ means, broadly speaking, to an audience outside of his/her domestic or home circle. If the person does not obtain the required licence they may risk infringing copyright.

So, in nearly all cases, if you are playing our music (copyright music written, published or arranged by a member of PRS for Music or one of its affiliated societies) outside the home (or domestic environment), you will need to buy a Music Licence unless:

there is an exemption in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) that means you do not have to obtain a copyright licence,
or

your music use is covered by a PRS Charging Policy and PRS for Music has decided, at its discretion, not to make a charge for our licence in your circumstances.

http://www.prsformusic.com/users/bu...musicforbusinesses/Pages/doineedalicence.aspx

Back