• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Music on trains.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Has anyone noticed a new trend on C2C trains for groups of youths to play MP3s at full volume from their mobile phones for the duration of their journey?

It surely can't be long before someone is arrested for giving one of these little urchins a dry slap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ May 22 2006,10:05)]Has anyone noticed a new trend on C2C trains for groups of youths to play MP3s at full volume from their mobile phones for the duration of their journey?

It surely can't be long before someone is arrested for giving one of these little urchins a dry slap.
I use an I-Pod when commuting, so don't ever hear other people's music. However, silly girls talking about which blokes they shagged in the toilets at Talk at high volume whilst I am studying the racing form? - now that makes we want to slap someone...

I don't understand the appeal. Music sounds better with headphones on. It's quite simple really.

1, Headphones on: Sounds like aural paradise

2, Mobile Phone Speaker: Sounds like a band of midgets playing from inside a tin bucket.

What's going on? Am I getting old?

Mind you, as one Arsenal player may or may not have taught us, it is actually possible to wedge a phone up someones arse now. I fear that the next person to play their mobile at me may find this out the hard way.

What do you expect - C2C = Commute 2 Chavland. Get yourself onto the classy line.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 22 2006,17:02)]What do you expect - C2C = Commute 2 Chavland. Get yourself onto the classy line.
wink.gif
Yep, I'm coming to that conclusion.  The trains via Basildon aren't too bad.  But I've now got to the point where I avoid trains that go round the loop via Chafford Hundred and Tilbury - the chav factor definitely increases (even during the rush hour).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ May 22 2006,10:05)]Has anyone noticed a new trend on C2C trains for groups of youths to play MP3s at full volume from their mobile phones for the duration of their journey?

To add to the list of annoyances, bloody video phones on trains. What's the point? (Apart from trying to show off.)

[b said:

You want to commute on the Silverlink from Barking (as I do into Walthamstow) the playing of MP3's through the phone speaker for the benefit of the whole train is almost compulsory.

I really don't want to turn into a grumpy old man but this is tipping me into Victor Meldrew territory  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ May 22 2006,19:49)]
[b said:

You want to commute on the Silverlink from Barking (as I do into Walthamstow) the playing of MP3's through the phone speaker for the benefit of the whole train is almost compulsory.

I really don't want to turn into a grumpy old man but this is tipping me into Victor Meldrew territory
mad.gif
Is that the Gosepl Oak line (or "Da Wrekked Train" as it became known among me and my workmates)? I used to get that to work in South Tottenham up to the end of 1999 - terrible, makes the Fenny line look like the Orient Express
laugh.gif

You see (hear?) this kind of thing in all sorts of places these days.... it's not as if these phones don't come with headphones, either...
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 22 2006,20:26)]
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
Is that the Gosepl Oak line (or "Da Wrekked Train" as it became known among me and my workmates)? I used to get that to work in South Tottenham up to the end of 1999 - terrible, makes the Fenny line look like the Orient Express  
laugh.gif
That's the one....oooohhh, the sights I've seen on there I can tell ya!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 22 2006,17:02)]What do you expect - C2C = Commute 2 Chavland. Get yourself onto the classy line.
wink.gif
please can somone dig up the C2C vs FGE totty thread where we had a station by station breakdown.

That was a quality thread.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 22 2006,21:02)]
[b said:
wink.gif
please can somone dig up the C2C vs FGE totty thread where we had a station by station breakdown.

biggrin.gif
Good idea...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ May 23 2006,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 22 2006,21:02)]
[b said:
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Good idea...  
rock.gif
It's no contest - really - Chavburyness wins hands down.

I don't remember this thread.

[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
Met Line from Uxbridge to Rayners Lane is similarly afflicted. Little tosspots.

Back