• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Music Southend have run out to

There was a few weeks back in 1990 when we came out to Northside's 'Shall we take a trip?'. Scallywags in the North Bank sang along in unison changing the words 'L.S.D.' to 'S.U.F.C.'. This was around the same time that people painted the pillars in the North Bank yellow and black stripes in homage to the Hacienda.

Really don't know where I am going with this.

I see the West Stand speakers were working last home game again and just to prove they were working they were turned up extra loud. You had trouble listening to the person next to you trying to talk. It was bliss the previous match when they were not working.

The last 'official' song we ran out to was Put your hands up for Detroit by Fedde Le Grande, replacing 'Detroit' with 'Sarfend Unaaarted FC'. That was about three seasons ago; since then it's been a bit of mish-mash depending on what time the DJ puts on the obligatory playlist, featuring Avicci, The Dandy Warhols, Faithless and Kernkraft 400. However, it's often Children by Robert Miles. Lovely song, that one.

Sink to the Bottom by Fountains of Wayne.

Other relegation-pun songs are available. Hopefully next season it'll be the Only Way is Up by her from the 80s.

As an Alumnus of the University of Sheffield, I'll be sensible...back in the glory days circa 2004-2006 just before the teams came out and the announcer declared that they were in the tunnel, an extract from Bolero (Closing Credits) by Steve Sharples (the music for the closing credits of the film Moulin Rouge) used to play. Myself and my then girlfriend liked it so much that we had it at our wedding in 2006, playing as we entered the hall via the grand staircase. They don't use it any more at the football, we are now divorced, and the team is struggling. Maybe they should bring it back!

Yep fond memories of this being played before the players came out, couldn't remember exactly when but I would have said the Eastwood era (1st time), god and to think we used to win at home (usually) in those days too!

Thank you for commenting and sharing your memories. It's much appreciated and is invaluable to the project.

We're still on the lookout for songs, so if anyone remembers anymore, or can confirm other suggestions, drop us a line.

If you remember roughly what season even better!

Cheers,
Joe

Thank you for commenting and sharing your memories. It's much appreciated and is invaluable to the project.

We're still on the lookout for songs, so if anyone remembers anymore, or can confirm other suggestions, drop us a line.

If you remember roughly what season even better!

Cheers,
Joe
At the old stadium before Roots Hall the band used play the tune of the Eaton Boating Song and the lyrics started with the words Up the United. The rest of it fades into the past I am afraid.

Back