• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 29 2003,10:15)]Linkin Park - 'Faint'

Darkness - 'I believe...'

Outkast - 'Hey Ya'

Pearl Jam - 'Love Boat Captain'

Queens Of The Stone Age - 'No One Knows'

For all you Queens Of The Stone Age fans, check out "Desert Sessions", which is a side project featuring Josh Homme and PJ Harvey! Quality stuff - try and get 'Crawl Home' for an example
Paul. I've found a copy on Kazaa but it isn't downloading. Anywhere else i can look (e.g. website!?)

Cheers dude,

Kev

P.s Yes I am a QOTSA fan and if i remember correctly that album was released last year ...

My favourite singles are:

Strawberry fields forever - Candy Flip.

Infinity - Guru Josh

(I wanna give you) devotion - NOMAD

Takin it down now Mikee......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 29 2003,12:54)]
[b said:

Outkast - 'Hey Ya'

For all you Queens Of The Stone Age fans, check out "Desert Sessions", which is a side project featuring Josh Homme and PJ Harvey! Quality stuff - try and get 'Crawl Home' for an example
Paul. I've found a copy on Kazaa but it isn't downloading. Anywhere else i can look (e.g. website!?)

Cheers dude,

Kev

P.s Yes I am a QOTSA fan and if i remember correctly that album was released last year ...
I got them from NME's site - it has the whole album up in high quality to listen too. Just need to register (takes 30 secs) and you are in...

Desert Sessions

Your probably right about QOTSA album... I remember listening to it around about the World Cup?? How time flies...

May I change QOTSA then to 'Yea Yea Yea's' - Date With The Night?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 29 2003,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 29 2003,12:54)]
[b said:

Outkast - 'Hey Ya'

Cheers dude,

Kev

I got them from NME's site - it has the whole album up in high quality to listen too. Just need to register (takes 30 secs) and you are in...

Desert Sessions

Your probably right about QOTSA album... I remember listening to it around about the World Cup?? How time flies...

May I change QOTSA then to 'Yea Yea Yea's' - Date With The Night?!
Done. The quality isn't great ... for some reason ...

Finally found a copy on Kazaa but its taking ages as some of them do on there even with broadband!

Cheers Paul,

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 29 2003,13:31)]Done. The quality isn't great ... for some reason ...

Finally found a copy on Kazaa but its taking ages as some of them do on there even with broadband!

Cheers Paul,

Kev
Really?? Listening to it right now and the quality is excellent?!

Obviously you are clicking "Windows Media Player High Quality".

Anyway, typical of me being behind the times, apparantly Desert Session have been going years and Josh Homme gathers some musicians every year and drags them to a desert to record a record. This one is volumes 9 & 10...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 29 2003,13:06)]Takin it down now Mikee......
Class!

biggrin.gif

Just bought the Athlete album. Will be a "grower" I think, or at least I hope; in that, on first play-through, an awful lot of the songs seemed to be a bit samey.

That said, the song called "Westlife" (?) in particular is a cracker; and "You Got the Style" is also very strong.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 01 2003,23:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 29 2003,13:06)]Takin it down now Mikee......
Class!

biggrin.gif

Just bought the Athlete album.  Will be a "grower" I think, or at least I hope; in that, on first play-through, an awful lot of the songs seemed to be a bit samey.

That said, the song called "Westlife" (?) in particular is a cracker; and "You Got the Style" is also very strong.

Matt
Westside is the name of the song and is quality but my personal favourite is 'You've got the style' and was used by Sky at the end of the Man Utd vs Arsenal 'battle' ...

Kev

1. Am I Wry?No - Mew
2. Little Animal - Ravonettes
3. Time for Heroes - The Libertines (may have been last year!)
4. 12.51 - The Strokes
5. The Janes Addiction track whos title I cannot remember!!!!

For any fans of guitar/indie stuff, I would seriously recommend this years albums by Mew and The Ravonettes... both absolute class!

Jev.

p.s RIP Elliott Smith. A man who wrote beautiful music and a talent that will be sorely missed
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Custard Splat @ Nov. 02 2003,13:39)]4. 12.51 - The Strokes
Strokes?

Strokers more like.

Unlike Top, Northside and the Hollow Men they will not be remembered in ten years time.

In no particular order:

1) REM - Bad Day
2) Athlete - El Salvador
3) Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
4) The Strokes - 12:51
5) 50 Cent - P.I.M.P

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 03 2003,11:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Custard Splat @ Nov. 02 2003,13:39)]4. 12.51 - The Strokes
Strokes?

Strokers more like.

Unlike Top, Northside and the Hollow Men they will not be remembered in ten years time.
Mr. Junior Reid, perchance...? Does anyone else on SZ use the word "stroker" to such good effect?!

laugh.gif

Matt

Coldplay 'Clocks' hasnt had a mention, a summer anthem in my eyes?

In no particular order, my list would have to be:

Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
50 Cent - P.I.M.P.
Sugababes - Hole In The Head
Cold Play - Clocks(was it released this year?! I didnt know that!)
Evanesense - Going Under
Evenesense - Bring Me To Life
Evenesense - My Immortal (Is on the album and to be released as a single very soon!!!)

Thats all for now I think!

Chris

Back