• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My album of the year is the same as it has been for the last ten years.

Chicken Rhythms by Northside.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 29 2003,00:36)]
All the old school classics i'd hope.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't have Shiny Happy People on it
rock.gif

They hate it apparently, mind you it does get irritating if you hear it a lot

Top 5:
Evanescence - Fallen
Runrig - Proterra
Elbow - Cast of Thousands
Longview - Mercury
The Cult - Beyond Good & Evil (which came out ages ago but I only bought it this year..)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ Oct. 29 2003,11:47)]The Cult - Beyond Good & Evil (which came out ages ago but I only bought it this year..)
Quality album - managed to see them tour it at the Brixton Academy, a great night.
biggrin.gif

Rumours are a new album maybe out in 2004.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Oct. 29 2003,08:26)]My own albums of the year are..

1. David Bowie--Reality
2. David Bowie--- The Best Of Vol 1-2
3. Frank Sinatra-- My Way
4. Meat Loaf-- Bat Out of Hell
5.David Bowie-- Changes 1

God I need to update my CD collection....or get a life
sad.gif
Plus ur starting to sound like MF, Uncle Colin
biggrin.gif

That's not a good thing........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 29 2003,12:36)]
Quality album - managed to see them tour it at the Brixton Academy, a great night.
biggrin.gif

Rumours are a new album maybe out in 2004.[/QUOTE]
I was surprised at how good it was, a real return to form.

Sonic Temple was one of the rock albums of the late eighties but everything they did after that was IMHO awful.

A hope for 2004 then so long as Astbury and Duffy don't start fighting again.....

Mine are:

1- Linkin Park - Meteora
2. Darkness - Permission to Land
3. Busted - Busted
4. Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
5. Chicane - Behind the Sun

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Oct. 29 2003,13:36)]3. Busted - Busted
If Busted came down my local they wouldn't be going to the year 3000.

They would be going to hospital.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Oct. 29 2003,13:36)]Mine are:

1- Linkin Park - Meteora
3. Busted - Busted

biggrin.gif
You started off so well with your first 2 choices VS!. Then suddenly it came hurtling down with your 3rd choice.
biggrin.gif

I understand your choice of Delta Goodrem though. I only really listen to rock but i quite like the songs she has done. Her, along with Dido are 2 of the only 'pop' artists i really respect and can listen to. They've got talent, unlike most of the others in that genre.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 29 2003,15:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Oct. 29 2003,13:36)]Mine are:

1- Linkin Park - Meteora
3. Busted - Busted

biggrin.gif
You started off so well with your first 2 choices VS!. Then suddenly it came hurtling down with your 3rd choice.  
biggrin.gif

I understand your choice of Delta Goodrem though. I only really listen to rock but i quite like the songs she has done. Her, along with Dido are 2 of the only 'pop' artists i really respect and can listen to. They've got talent, unlike most of the others in that genre.  
rock.gif
I had to put Busted in cos this year has been one of the worst with all this music coming out.

Wish that Hip-Hop, R&B and Garage just wasnt invented. 3 cr*p genres there
rock.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ Oct. 29 2003,13:36)]I was surprised at how good it was, a real return to form.

Sonic Temple was one of the rock albums of the late eighties but everything they did after that was IMHO awful.

A hope for 2004 then so long as Astbury and Duffy don't start fighting again.....
Have to agree with you there, it is a real return to form. Still listen to Sonic Temple every now and then takes me back to my mad college days.

Hmmm not sure I've heard any of those albums. In fact I'm not sure whether I own an album made in this millennium, although on second thoughts I'm guessing that John Digweed's MMII was made in early 2002.
cool.gif

I certainly don't own any of the albums mentioned above and don't think I've knowingly heard any of the songs from those albums (apart from best of REM). If I have heard them then they've all merged into one bland noise. I get my Westzone/ Boylife/ Limp Blinkin 121 park/ Spice Girls Aloud get Busted etc confused - to me they all sound the same bland cr*p. In fact they don't just sound the same they all pretty much look the same (girl band, gayboy band, girls and gayboys band, 'gangsta' or scruffy). Now I like staring at Kylie's arse or Britney's tits as much as the next man (assuming he's not in a boy band) but when I turn on my radio I'm more concerned about what that band/individual sounds like, not what they look like. To compound matters radio play-lists will repeat the same cr*p every hour. So I just stick to my CD collection (which it seems is fortunately larger and more varied than a commercial radio's) and ignore the radio.

Does that just make me an old git?
tounge.gif

Tis a quandary indeed, does it have to albums released this year cos I'm really struggling with that, or can it be albums I've purchased this year? Anyhoo albums released this year:-

1) Saian Supa Crew - those boys know how to rock the mike right.

2) Outkast (can't remember the name of the cd bit its got 'hey ya' on it)

3) Super Furry Animals - Phanton Planet. Genius enough said.

4) Orange County - OST, I think it was released last year but who's counting?

5) Cafe del mar (volume 13 I think) mixed by (Godlike) Jose Padilla - Lie back and think of sandy beaches Ibiza stylee. Fantastic!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 30 2003,13:26)]1) Saian Supa Crew - those boys know how to rock the mike right.
Excellent choice. Have you got their first album? Apparently a must-see live act, up there with J5 and PUTS.

Back