• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Birthday is close to xmas and i hate it when...

Davros

The Whippet
A thread for all those people whos birthdays fall a couple of weeks either side of the 25th Dec..

I hate it when i get birthday presents wrapped in xmas paper!

Mrs Hank's birthday is December 30th. Her dismay every year is that people are either too skint from Christmas presents or too tired/hungover from Christmas parties to venture out in any numbers. New Years Eve the following night makes it even more difficult.

Thankfully, I don't recall anyone wrapping a present up in Christmas paper (unless they'd gone for the double-your money-Christmas/Birthday-big-gift-combo which she likes/hates in equal measure depending on what's in store).

From my point of view, there's the fact that I know whatever I buy her will be a lot cheaper a week later!

also, if i try to go out for a meal, and get offered set menu or turkey etc...grrr!

Totally winds me up. Mine's on the 5th of Jan and I get presents that are Christmas AND Birthday in one because people can't be bothered to get me two seperate gifts. And I have the same problem as Mrs Hank SBH in the case of people being too skint, not bothered, still hungover and tired from Christmas and New Years for people to come out in great numbers for it or make an effort. I take the route of threatening my friends to come out! If they don't they'll get an earfull from me!

My Mum's birthday is the 25th. I make sure she has seperate xmas & birthday presents.

Mine's 12th Jan, everyone's either skint or started diets or given up drinking. Always hated it, especially when my sister's is 30th July and always had fantastic parties in the garden when we were little!

Mines in October and everyone is never skint and always up for a good old drink up , blinding time to have your birthday , never mind guys !!!

Mrs Hank's birthday is December 30th. Her dismay every year is that people are either too skint from Christmas presents or too tired/hungover from Christmas parties to venture out in any numbers. New Years Eve the following night makes it even more difficult.

Thankfully, I don't recall anyone wrapping a present up in Christmas paper (unless they'd gone for the double-your money-Christmas/Birthday-big-gift-combo which she likes/hates in equal measure depending on what's in store).

From my point of view, there's the fact that I know whatever I buy her will be a lot cheaper a week later!

Mine is New Years Eve, and I absolutely loathe the double present thing.

It makes me cross, and feel that all my friends lazy cretins :D.

Speaking of which, one of them this year wrote Happy Brithday in brackets at the bottom of my Christmas card, the lazy bitch!

Anyway, at least it isn't a problem getting people together for a night out!

On the positive

Back